Chapter Three || Oh, Fudgeballs

UNEDITED

Cecilia:

I invite everyone inside the nicely decorated house, glaring at Sorenson in the process.

Mom finishes dinner and sets it in the middle of the dinning room table, replacing the lilies. The food consisted of whole roasted pheasant, tandoori chicken, garlic bread, baked potatoes, homemade mac and cheese, and for desert, black forest frozen cheesecake. Yum!

I was about to sit in my seat before the doorbell rings again. I look through the peek hole to see Kim. I open the door and see her beautiful self in a blue long sleeved dress that reached her mid thigh and black high heels.

"Mom invited you too?" I ask.

"I invited myself, your mom just agreed." She says and I nod, "I kind of figured Sorenson was your new neighbor so I knew you'd need some help." She winks.

We all sit in a seat in the dinning room, mom across from me, Phoebe and Austen on opposite sides of mom, Kim next to me, Sorenson's sister next to Phoebe and his mom next to Austen, which means I'm stuck next to Sorenson. The whole seating chart of the room made it clear that the two ends of the table were empty and the four chairs on both sides of the table were filled.

My mom takes Phoebe's and Austen's hand and close her eyes, indicating she's going to pray. I take Kim's hand gently without problems; I take Sorenson's hand hesitantly and when I do there's a tickle in my stomach. I ignore it and my mom's elegant prayer fills as the only sound in the room.

"Dear lord, thank you so much for this delectable food I was able to serve my family and friends, I hope for the best for those who deserve more than we do, please give them strength and courage. Once again, thank you so much for everything, amen."

"Praise God, let's eat!" Me, Phoebe, Austen, mom and Kim say at the same time. The Sorensons look at us weirdly, especially Hunter Sorenson himself. "It's a family tradition." I say, still laughing.

We all grab something off the dinner table and eat it whilst asking about the basics of meeting new people; favorite color, what they want to be when they grow up, college ideas, the usual.

"I've been thinking about being a pediatrician, I mean I'm very helpful to everyone who mostly need it and I sometimes volunteer at the hospital with the little ones. I love working with people and talking about their problems." I explain in full on honesty, causing Sorenson to snicker beside me.

His mother and I decide to ignore him for now, "Amazing, Cecilia, if that's really what you enjoy then I won't stop you from what you love. You seem the type to befriend everyone and still finish last night's homework." She giggles.

"Oh, trust me, she does," Sorenson mutters and clears his throat. I scoff under my breath.

"Well then maybe Cecilia can tutor you?" Kiara, Sorenson's mother, suggests.

"That's a great idea Kiara! Would you like that, Cecilia?" My mom asks. As much as I might not like this idea, because it's Sorenson we're talking about, everyone knows I'll have to agree since I have to live up to what I just said about loving to work with others.

So, just like I am, I agreed, "Yeah, that'd be great!" I say enthusiastically. Kim stifles in her laugh and I nudge her with my shoulder.

"Then it's settled, you and Hunter meet in the school library everyday after school to study." KIara says.

Sorenson just groans, "Mom, I don't need a tutor."

"Yes you do, honey, that's why I asked Cecilia." She smiles sweetly before quickly adding, "duh." We all laugh along, while Sorenson just glares at his mother and groans.