This Is It

Author's Note: Hi everyone! I know the Aldub Nation is going through a pretty tough time right now. I do hope and pray that we will be able to surpass the challenges that have been thrown at us and will turn out as an even stronger fandom. Anyway, I hope that this little one-shot may be a good distraction for all of us. We all need it :)

--

On a rainy Thursday evening, Maine Mendoza was lying on her bed with thoughts that seemed to bother her.

As she continually shifted into different positions, she also tried distracting herself from these thoughts by writing a new blog entry, fiddling with her phone or creating a new set of Dubsmash videos. But sadly, none of these things were successful enough to keep her distracted.

Only one name repeatedly echoed in her mind. Alden, Alden, Alden.

She covered her head with a pillow and screamed a little. It was the kind of scream that served as a release for her pent up emotions, emotions she could never seem to put into words because aside from the fact that she was a total introvert, even Maine herself didn't seem to understand what she was really feeling.

Taking the pillow out of her face, her hair was a complete mess. She blew a few strands off her face and sighed. "Ano ba... Ano ba talaga to." She muttered.

Maine reached for her iPhone and went through her messages. The first name that popped was still his. Alden, Alden, Alden.

She opened the message thread and looked at his last message. "Mag-usap tayo." It said.

She stared at the message a little longer than usual, until her eyesight felt blurry. She put her phone away and sat up.

Okay ka lang ba? Bakit di mo ko kinakausap?

Meng? May nagawa ba ako?

Sana kausapin mo na ako. Miss na kita :(

Maine, please? What's wrong?

Pwede pa naman nating pag-usapan kung ano man tong problema natin di ba?

Maine... ayaw mo na ba? :(

His messages from the past few days kept flooding her mind. She felt bad. She felt really bad for ignoring him, but she needed some time off. Maine needed to crawl back into her shell, her safe haven. Everything was just starting to get too overwhelming, too confusing.

She put her hand to heart and looked at her reflection in the mirror. She hasn't had that much sleep in the past few days, because all she could think about was Alden and how he made her feel.

She knew she was happy, but she was too scared to embrace that fact. She was too scared to fully admit that she was, only to lose him again.

Maine was a pessimist. Though she tried looking at the positive side of things, a heavy cloud of negativity would always catch up. She was so tired of being this way, but she's been like this for quite some time now and it was a part of her.

Pessimism is attached to Maine and so is Maine to pessimism.

She didn't know why she was suddenly so confused about Alden. He had everything she was looking for in a guy. He was nice, funny, God-fearing and most importantly, a gentleman. His looks were a huge bonus and so was the fact that he is Alden Richards. The Alden Richards.