On Set

ALDEN

She was still here, it was already four in the morning and she still has a shoot for a new TVC she does on her own in a few hours.

This was the first time she stayed so late, we have just finished the last scene and everyone was packing up. I was removing the fake glasses I had to use in my role and changed into a shirt and jogging pants. When I came out of the tent, she was asleep. Her head rested on the table.

I was still getting used to her waiting up for me since the day we started filming together. In the first few weeks, she'd only wait for me because I still had a scene to finish so she could properly say goodbye to me. But since we became exclusive, she'd always wait up for me, not going home till I'm finished for the day or vice versa.

I love it when she makes these kinds of efforts but then again it saddens me because she sacrifices so much. We only used to meet during KS and meetings but never like this. Not like how we used to now, so we make the best of it.

"'Den, uwi na kayo. It's four in the morning, it's very unusual for Maine to stay here at this kind of time." Direk Joey approached me putting a hand over my back.

"Oo nga po eh. 'Di ko din alam kung bakit sa lahat ng araw na hihintayin nya ko ngayon pa po at meron pa sya'ng shoot bukas." I agreed with Direk with a frown on my face. I hiked my bag up and approached my girl.

"Menggay, uwi na tayo." I was shaking her a bit and kissed her forehead, I kneeled on the floor so I was eye level with her.

"Mmm, 5 minutes, 'Nay." She furrowed her eyebrows changing her position facing the other side.

I laughed. "Tara na. Galit ako sayo ah. You still have your shoot tomorrow, Meng."

"I needed to stay." She whined. Finally opening her eyes now and looking at me.

"And what's your reason, ha?" I smirked at the tired angel.

She yawned, "Sakin nalang yun." She finally got up and took her bag but I beat her to it.

"Richard." She deadpanned, referring to her bag. I only raised an eyebrow at her and I walked to the car.

She waved goodbye to the people we worked with and bid them to be safe. She kissed the friends she's made and continued on to follow me.

I reved up the car as she got in. Put on her seatbelt and slept again.

"Maine."

"Hm?"

"Why'd you stay?"

"Gusto ko kasing masanay ka."