Those Days

"Oh kamusta ka naman?" Julia walked up to Maine clutching her stomach so hard that it was basically just pain on pain.

As every female in the world would dread to think, know, feel, it was that time of the month. And Maine had it worse every second day, having extreme dysmenorrhea.

"Eto, namamatay na." Maine mumbled through the pillow she was hugging. Julia chuckled and sat next to her. "Huy, wag mo sabihin yan. Baka may mamatay naman sa lungkot dyan." Julia teased which caused her to blush.

"Nako, I doubt it, Ate Jules." Upon remembering her partner, she frowned. Though the thought of him still felt undeniably good, she just can't move on from the fight they had last night. In her defense, kasi meron sya, that's why she was so hot-headed with her partner.

So basically, again, it was pain on pain on pain. You could tell she was having a really well day.

"Nag-away kayo? Bago yun ah! Nako, wag mong sabihin tapos na ang AlDub?" She jokingly told her but it made her cringe at the thought she'd lose him. But to make things worse, he walked in the room where she was, when he saw her he immedietly left again.

Maine saw it. And she felt nothing inside at all, only to feel wetness down her cheeks. Julia saw it too and hugged the girl. "Lilipas din yan, Meng. 'Di yan galit sayo. Mahal ka nyan, iiwanan ka agad dahil lang dun?" Julia assured the sniffling girl. She nodded and just laid down on the couch when Julia left to finish her make-up.

It was only 11. She had just about a few minutes to rest before Eat Bulaga starts. Originally, she wasn't to go to work today but he knew she needed to fix things with him and to only do that was to go to Broadway and cancel going to barangays. She knew she needed to be here and Jose, Wally and Paolo knew as well knowing that it was their first ever heated fight.

She could have stayed at home and just called Alden to say sorry. Maybe even go to the barangay then straight to him but she knew she had to make ammends before anything.

When she called Reeza, she quickly agreed to Maine's call. Making a few arrangements for her to host, and Juan For All to start earlier and KS later. Because truly, they couldn't do Kalyeserye if the two were not AlDub, or even MaiDen.

It was going to be the same old show, but Kalyeserye being later than usual.

"Maine, gising na. We're starting in 30 minutes. Have them retouch your make up already." Reeza's assistant woke her up and she couldn't do anything but comply though all she wanted was to lay down and sleep.

Her make-up was retouched and she went on to the holding area, where the hosts were waiting. Greeting Tito Sen, she asked where Alden was.

"Andon, 'nak. Kasama si Sam, buong araw nakasimangot." He pointed to the room across Alden's lungga everytime they would have Kalyeserye.

"Sige po, salamat." She proceeded to where he was and knocked on the door. Only to be greeted by Sam which made her frown, thinking that maybe it would have been easier if her partner was to open the door instead.

"Sino yun, Sam?" She cringed at his voice and groaned.

"I'm sorry." She apologized to Sam and turned around.

She couldn't do it, she thought. She began walking to her dressing room to retrieve her things and go to the barangay instead.

"What were you thinking, Nicomaine. You can't just barge in Broadway expecting that it will all be fine." She talked to herself while fixing her things.

She was about to call her driver when she heard his voice.

"Saan ka pupunta?" Alden eyed the bag that was on her shoulder and furrowed his brows.

"Huh? Eto.. Ah.. Uh.." She put down her phone and looked anywhere but at him. "Di ko na kasi alam kung anong gagawin ko eh."

"What do you mean?" His eyes were sad like something has been bothering him all day. He was leaned against the wall giving them a 3-feet distance.

Alden couldn't stop looking at her, how can he? It's been so long since they were on the same place and for her to be in the studio instead of the streets was giving him a feeling he couldn't quite describe. He looked at how her hair was down, covering her beautiful face.

"Why are you here, Maine?" He finally spoke up after a long silence.

She didn't want to cry. Not when he was there. So she didn't but she was on the verge of spilling her eyes out.

"Kala ko I could fix things with you and masabi ko sayo agad that I'm sorry for last night." Her voice was cracking and still wasn't looking at him.

"Bakit ka umaalis?"

"Kala ko lang kasi, di ko pala kaya." A tear slipped down her eye.

Last night, Sunday, she was cramping so hard that she pushed everyone away. She was supposed to be resting at home but pushed herself to work on their movie. Alden wasn't happy at all.

They were fighting over that matter to the point where Maine had enough and just walked out on him which left him devestated and went home without her singing to songs on the way home.

"Mahirap ako mahalin, 'Den. Bihira lang makakaintindi sa'kin kaya hindi ko alam kung kaya mo pa.." She explained.

Alden finally moved from his place to walk towards her and embraced her so hard, something he's been wanting to do ever since he saw her earlier.

Maine was caught off guard that she just didn't move and cried on his shoulder.

"Menggay, hindi ka mahirap mahalin. Nagsisimula pa lang tayo, kaya kitang intindihin. Alam mo naman di ako susuko, diba?" He hugged her so tight while runing his fingers through her hair.

"Talaga?" She sniffled.

Alden chuckled at how her mood changed from dramatic to childish. But he just shook it off and assured her that,

"Mahal kita, Nicomaine. Wala akong paki kung i-push away mo ako because no matter what, I'll still push myself towards your heart."

Which earned Alden a playful hit on the arm but then again, a kiss on his lips.