Sunday

When she woke up, instantly she felt her head was going to explode.

She figured so because she slept at 4 in the morning. Even though she got home a few minutes before 12, of course she stayed up doing what her mom called "pointless nothings". Always going through her phone on every social media she's interested in and sometimes record a song she'll only keep to herself.

She tried to get up from her bed but failed. She looked to her right where her sister's bed would be to find that it was empty.

"Syempre, nauna nanaman sya magising." She said out loud. Realizing this, she checked the time.

11:47 am

And for the first time in a few days, the panic of waking up late didn't bother her because Sunday's were work-free for her.

A knock sounded from the door and her mother came in.

"Oh buti gising ka na. Tara, kain na." There was a suspicious smile on her Nanay's face but Maine didn't notice it since she was still half asleep.

"Gisingin ko lang kaluluwa ko, saglit lang po." She yawned and rubbed her eyes sitting up and leaning against the headboarf of her bed.

"Sige. Pero bilisin mo ha, wag mo na bubuksan cellphone mo. Baka bukas ka pa makababa." Her mom chuckled and closed the door behind her.

Before anything else, she went inside the bathroom just beside her's and her sister's room. Quickly brushing her teeth and examining her face on the mirror.

Deep eyebags hugged her undereyes and she was so pale it was alarming but she knew it was all because of her sleepless nights.

Maine was becoming busier and busier lately. She anticipated this, after saying yes to a handful of endorsements and TV shows. And just after finishing My Bebe Love, it just opened doors to new oppurtunities.

She rinsed and quickly splashed some water on her face and dried herself off with a face towel.

She grabbed her phone off from her nightstand and quickly sent a text to him.

"Good morning! Ay afternoon na pala. Anyway, have fun sa SPS later! :)"

Sundays might be her rest day but it was also Make-Fun-Of-Alden on his segments on Sunday Pinasaya. She liked the episode when the Director texted her before the show started asking if she could call DJ Bae just for a little prank and she very much enjoyed that.

It wasn't long before he replied,

"Abangan mo episode mamaya. Medyo malupet to, Meng. Medyo lang."

She laughed aloud and left it at that and went down finally to eat brunch, as she always does on a Sunday, and turned on the TV on the dining room to GMA.

Alden's segment wasn't on yet so she just enjoyed eating garlic rice, scrambled eggs and sausages and her favorite, coffee alongside checking on social media.

She loved creeping on fan accounts because they somehow find pictures of Alden when he was still in high school and she just laughed endlessly.

When the DJ Bae segment came on she turned up the volume and her siblings huddled up around her to watch it with her.

"Ayan na pinaka hinihintay mo, Meng." Coleene pipped.

Maine just shushed her, eyes fixed on the screen.

Eyes fixed on her partner, her Tisoy.

Jerald, of course, can't start the segment without having the usual 'Laglagan Wars'.

"DJ Bae, alam kong close kayo ni Alden. Puwede ba namin malaman kung ano na update sakanila ni Maine? Kasi parang nagkakatotoohanan na eh." He asked Alden who's eyes almost bulged out from surprise.

The audience screamed in delight. But Alden just laughed at his co-host.

"Ay teka! Hindi pala dapat yun yung pinapatanong mo sakin!" Jerald faked being shocked and apologized profusely while trying to hide his laugh.

"Wow! Huyyyy! Pano ko ngayon gagamitin banat ko ha?" Alden playfully pushed Jerald away and still kept on laughing his dimple prominent than ever.

Maine couldn't help but blush, she couldn't laugh because her siblings were already laughing at her and for her.

"Kamusta na nga kayo ni Tisoy, ha?" Nikki asked her younger sister.

"Ateeee!" Maine cried and tried to shush them to hear Alden's answer.

"Ikaw, paps ha. Oh edi ito na... Teka ano yung sinabi mo kanina? Parang? Anong parang parang pinagsasabi mo.." Right after Alden said that he hid under the table while Jerald and the audience jumped up and down while screaming from the top of their lungs

"DJ Bae, pinapaala ko ulit sayo ha, DJ Bae ka ngayon." Jerald reminded Alden after all the screaming and dancing.

Maine wanted to hide too, she wanted to scream so loud because of all the happiness and kilig but she couldn't because her siblings will tease her to no end.

So she smiled, so wide her mouth almost fell off. And she laughed because a camera was on Alden who was on the floor who couldn't stop laughing.

When he noticed the camera, he looked directly at it, smiled, and pointed to his forehead.

She sent a quick text to him after the show,

"Medyo lang pala, Tisoy ha."