Chapter Three: Drikul

~Momoru's POV~

Upon entering through the office door I alighted on the lit crystal floor tiles.

A smile graced my face when I saw the man at the desk, recognizing him, immediately, "Drikul, it's been too long, since we partnered."

"Yes, I must agree," Drikul responded, rising from his seat, and quickly walking to me and embracing me, "Momoru, a lot has changed since we last met though."

"Yes, I am aware. Your apprentice's information alerted me." I responded, solemnly; "When did they start extracting the emotions and imagination of the people of Kinarai?"

"Since the Phoenix Princess' emotions and dreams got out of hand." Drikul turned his back to me and leaned on his desk; "When her imagination created the Time Pirates through her nightmares."

"I am not aware of such a Princess..." I replied, drawing nearer.

"I am not surprised." A grim look came upon Drikul's face; "I had to erase the memories of her from all Kinarians and Realm Protectors... I had to wipe it from her as well, ordered by the Council."

I nodded curtly; "I see."

He groaned softly; "It has gone too far, and we gotta find a way to keep the imagination and emotions of us in safety..."

"I agree."

"You do?"

"Aye."

Drikul nodded; "Thank you. I've had to wipe the memory of the Court of Masters about this many times, but I've built a rebellion... That's what my home has become..."

"I could have guessed that myself, Drikul..." I pat his back.

~Drikul's POV~

"It's great to have you back, Momoru." I smiled back at him, sadly; "But, I do have some bad news to tell you..."

Momoru looked concerned at me, "What is it?"

"You're going to have to partner with my apprentice, instead of me..." I bowed my head in grief; "The Time Pirates knew that you'd be partners with me. And knew I'd tell you everything I could about them. So I'm marked with the scarlet mark. I looked at my wrist; "They're poisoning me and killing me as we speak..."

I looked at Momoru's shocked face and wept hard and then I coughed hard and the blood splattered my hand; "Momoru, The Phoenix Princess is--" blacking out, I knew no more but an empty torturous void as cold whispers called my name...

~Annaira's POV~

"HELP, SOMEONE!" I heard the stranger crying out as I barged into the room. Master Drikul was fading away in twinkling golden and metallic silvery blue lights.

I stood there in shock, tears streaming down my face; "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

"I didn't." Momoru said, wildly; "It's the Time Pira--"

There were loud screaming sounds outside as Patryd ran into the room. He shut the door and walked to Momoru; "Momoru, before you ask, Drikul's spirit just alerted me what's happened... I have to send you guys out now... Annaira, you are the one to be partnered with Momoru, only you. I've got some Time Pirates to deal with here... some farewell."

"This is happening too fast!" I cried out; "I don't understand... What happened?"

"I'll follow you guys through the portal after I handle the pirates... Momoru... help me out, I need to open the portal to May 2012 in any place on Earth, help me..."

The two men opened the portal together. A liquid-y silver opening; "Jump through, both of you. NOW!"

I was still so confused; "But, Patryd--"

"GO!" Patryd pushed us both through the portal and we fell through and out into a warm summers day, the light was so much different as it adjusted my flesh for the world I was now in... I was becoming the faded being that Momoru already was... The changes that came over my body made it difficult to focus and I found myself passed out in the blackness.