Chapter 10: What am I doing?

Sorry guysssss! A TON of stuff has been going on lately. I'm fine though. I'd like to give a HUGE thank you to those of you who were actually patient. I really appreciate it. <3 Rushing me just makes the story worse. I'm sorry that I actually want to try hard on this story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She sighed. "It's fine. I don't want to be mad at you right now. Just don't do it again."

I nodded. "I won't."

I began walking away to go to my room.

"Naomi," my mom said, making me stop and turn around. "I'm not sure if I like who you've become."

"I'm sorry," I said and walked up to my room.

~*~

He was standing there. He looked perfect, as always. He smiled a big smile. His perfect white teeth sparkled in the light. Was he smiling at me? I looked around and him and I were the only ones here. I returned a smile and that made his smile even bigger. He slowly approached me and pressed his soft lips to mine. It was amazing. I wished that this moment would never end.

"You're perfect, Naomi Harper," he whispered.

"So are you, Sam Pottorff," I whispered back in response.

I opened my heavy eyelids quickly. I couldn't believe that I just had that dream! I sighed and somehow gathered up the strength to push myself out of bed and climb into the shower. The water was freezing cold and as a result I screamed. The water eventually warmed up and I was able to tolerate it.

I climbed out and dried myself off. I put on a pair of blue jeans and a hoodie. Then I put my hair up in a messy bun and put my glasses on. I wasn't in the mood to see Sam today. I knew that he was going to try to talk to me. I'm done talking for a while.

I sighed as I threw my blue backpack on my back. I grabbed my white headphones and put them in and turned the music all the way up. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed a few granola bars because I really wasn't feeling all the hungry. The door slammed loudly as I walked outside to leave for school.

Within minutes I was in schoo-I mean hell. I was immediately greeted by Kian, who thought that it would be fun to lift me up over his shoulder.

"Sam! I've got her!" he shouted down the hall to Sam who was walking in this direction.

"Kian freaking Lawley, put me down!" I shrieked laughing.

Wait...why are you laughing, Naomi? You hate them remember?!

"I'm not sure if I can do that," Kian said quietly.

"Why not?"

"We're kind of glued together. You're stuck with Sam and I forever..."

I slapped the back of his head. "Shut up and put me down."

"Put her down, Lawley," I heard a voice say.

I looked over to see who that voice belonged to. I saw The one and only Rachel Simms standing there with her arms crossed. Kian immediately put me down and him and Sam both walked away. Rachel smirked at me.

"You're welcome," she said to me.

I rolled my eyes. "Why didn't you just stay out of it? We're not friends anymore, remember?"

"Who says we're not friends anymore?" she asked shocked.

"What are you, stupid? You're the one who stopped being there for me."

"I told you not to crawl back to me crying if Sam Pottorff broke your heart! I never said that we would stop being friends!"

"Rachel, that has to literally be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. And you obviously didn't want to be my friend anymore! You're the one who left me. You stopped talking to me. You obviously never cared about my friendship if you left me over one little dumb mistake I made."