Chapter 34

Adriana's POV

It was really fun taking out my new car for a drive. It just sucks how I can't drive by myself yet since I only have my permit. But anyway, it was now the next day, and Grayson wanted to hang out with me today. It was only about 11 o'clock, so I texted him I would be over soon. I just decided on wearing dark skinny jeans, one of Grayson's sweatshirts he let me bring home, and matches with my black converse. I then just fixed up my wavy brown hair, and applied eyeliner and mascara to my eyes. By the time I was done, I put the bracelet Grayson got me around my wrist, but someone had knocked on my door. It soon opened revealing my brother. "Mom wants you..." he said. I replied with an 'okay', but he added, "And she's in a pretty bad mood." Once he left, I headed downstairs with my phone, and wondered why she's mad. As I was heading downstairs, I noticed she was at the door. I couldn't tell who was at the door, until she turned around giving me the death glare. Campbell, Hailey, and Samantha. Why would they be here? "Adriana," she said firmly. She doesn't usually talk like that, and it sounds like she's trying to hide how she's angry. "Hey mom, is everything okay?" I asked her.

"How about you ask your three lovely friends?" she said. I gave her a weird look, wondering what's going on. "I'll leave you guys alone out here." She led me outside, and shut the door as I got out. Campbell, Samantha, and Hailey were all staring at me, until I spoke up. "What's going on? Why does my mom seem mad?"

Hailey sighed, and said, "We're trying not to invade your space or anything, but we've all noticed how you are in school."

"What do you mean?" I asked them confused.

"It's not like how you act in school, it's about your classes, and how your failing them," she said.

"How do you know I'm failing?" I asked curiously.

"Like she said, were trying not to invade your space, but we've looked through your folders about all your classes, grades, and a bunch of other stuff," Campbell said.

"What?" I said. "Wait, you guys are students, your not supposed to look through other students stuff about their grades...you can get suspended for that," I told them. "Only teachers can look through that stuff."

"We know," Campbell said rudely. "My aunt is the principal of this school, so she sorta let me through to look through it. She thought I was looking at my own when I was looking at yours."

"Wha- Why would you wanna look through mine? It's kinda invading privacy. I don't want anyone to know about my grades unless it's my teachers, my mom, or maybe even my boyfriend," I said.

"Well now, here is where your mom and your boyfriend come in," Samantha started. "We've noticed how ever since you've started dating Grayson, your grades have been getting lower and lower, mostly at the failing point. But Grayson's was getting the opposite. Your gunna stay back Adriana, while Grayson moves onto the next grade."

"So, the point is...?" I asked.

"I wasn't finished yet," Samantha rolled her eyes. "But anyway, Grayson changed you. You've been starting to ditch school and miss a lot of work, and just you hanging around with him is dropping your grades."

"What are you saying..." I said.

"What she's saying is that Grayson is changing you to be bad like himself. Ditching, not doing work, failing, not caring about doing work, and just other things." Could this be true?