Chapter 53

Grayson's POV

"Adriana," I said once I noticed her laying down after that crash. "Baby." She never moved once at my response. That's when it hit me:

Is she dead?

My heart started to race at the thought of it. I can't lose the love of my life, not even now. I even felt the tears back up behind my eyes. "Adriana no," I said a bit louder. I griped on her shoulders, shaking her, and yelling, "Wake up!" She still never flinched, not even once.

I put my ear near her chest, trying to hear her heartbeat. I couldn't hear anything... And that started to scare me more. "Babe please..." I then grabbed her wrist, trying to feel a pulse. I sighed of relief once I felt it, pumping very slowly. I started to worry a bit less knowing she's still alive. But she still isn't waking up, which is still making me panic. "Wake up!" I kept repeating, and praying that it will happen. But it still wasn't...

"I love you..." I sobbed. I was crying by now, knowing the fact that she won't wake up. I need to call someone for help. I instantly dialed Ethan on my phone. As it was ringing, I noticed it was still dark and pouring out, and I still saw the lights of the other car in the crash. I even noticed how jammed my car was, making me panic even more at how bad this car crash was. At least I stayed alive during all of this...

"Hey, how'd ultrasound go?" Ethan asked on the other line. It then it me: is the baby okay during all of this?

"Fuck that, I got into a fucking car crash!" I said, almost yelling into the phone.

"What? How? Are you guys okay?" he started bashing me with questions I can't even answer right now, since my adrenaline is running fast.

"I'm fine, but Adriana isn't. I don't even fucking know how the baby is, but Adriana isn't waking up," I replied. "I can feel a pulse on her which is good, but I'm fucking scared. Please help me," I pleaded. I took a glance at Adriana, and noticed that she still looks the same as before, not moving and waking up.

"Alright, alright, calm down," he said. "Tell me where you are. I'll call an ambulance." I then told him the directions where we are, and we both soon hung up.

My thoughts were then brought back over to Adriana, still praying she will make it. I brushed my hand down her arm, also watching a tear fall from my eye, down to her cheeks. "I love you so much Adriana," I choked out. "Please make through it..."

With all my sobbing and praying, I heard sirens coming closer to me. I watched as an ambulance quickly pull up between my car and the other person in the crash. I also saw a familiar car pull up next to them, and noticed it was my moms. Someone from the ambulance soon opened the door of the jammed car, and pulled me out into the pouring rain. "Are you hurt?" the paramedic asked me, putting both hands on my arms. Ignoring him, I was watching from behind his shoulder, another paramedic take out Adriana, and put her on a stretcher. "Sir, did you or did you not get injured during this accident?" he asked again.

"No, no," I told him. "I'm completely fine, but my girlfriend isn't." I pointed over towards her, and he looked. Other paramedics were bringing her into towards the ambulance. I rushed over to them, and I heard him follow behind me. "Is she gunna be okay?" I asked one of the paramedics carrying Adriana. Once they put her into the ambulance, he turned around saying, "We are not sure, but we do feel a pulse on her indicating that she is still alive."

"What about the baby inside her?" I asked.

"That, we are not sure of," he replied. The other paramedic behind me that was helping me hoped into the ambulance. As I was about to get in, he stopped me, and said, "Family only can be entered in here. But you can meet us at the hospital and get updated on how she is." He shut both doors after that, and I watched the ambulance quickly drive off.