Ep7: The Wendigo Is Coming To Town

Voltaire stared at the two (crazy) women standing in front of him. They were all huddled up in his office. Selene was explaining, with animated hands in the air, to Melancholia, who looked like she was two seconds away from murdering someone.

"So... Wendy has a large collection of selfies with James on her social media sites. Like a lot. Which is weird seeing as he's a ghost," Selene said. "I never knew that ghost appeared on pictures. Also, they're hosting a Christmas party this weekend."

"I didn't know that," Melancholia seethed. "I wasn't invited.

"I was," Selene said while waving her invitation.

"Me too," Voltaire said.

"I wonder why I wasn't invited," Melancholia mumbled in anger. "All I have ever been was nice to that girl."

"Anyway..." Voltaire interjected before Selene could continue talking. "Selene, you said you had a patient for us."

"Right," Selene said. "When I was on one of my mission, I came across a boy who kept saying over and over again that he's dad was kidnapped. I checked; his dad is dead. However, I was thinking that maybe Voltaire over here could give him therapy. The poor boy is convinced that his father is still alive."

"That's dreadful," Melancholia said. She turned to the man, "You have to take this patient," She continued while giving him the 'you-better-do-what-I-say-or-else-I'll-fucking-kill-you' look.

Voltaire wanted to put up a fight, but he knew that he would fail. Sighing, he replied, "Fine, I'll take the patient."

"Great," Selene said. "Let me go fetch him from the staff room."

"Wait. What. He's here?" Melancholia asked.

"Yes, he's here. I knew that you'd agree so I brought him. He's been here for the past two days." Selene said matter-of-factly.

Melancholia stared at her then turned to Voltaire, "It scares me how little we know about ARC Industries. There could be a dead body lying around and we wouldn't find it."

"You're being a bit melodramatic, but you're right." Voltaire said. "We should build a bar."

"You do know that we host Alcoholic Anonymous every Tuesday," Melancholia said.

With a wave of his hand, Voltaire said, "Right, but we could close it every Tuesday."

A soft noise interrupted Melancholia from answering. They turned and found that a teenage girl was hiding behind the curtain. Her petite body was outlined by the maroon coloured curtain.

Sighing, Voltaire walked to the hidden girl and pulled away the curtain. The girl started laughing at the three adults staring at her. "Hi," she said, "My name is Katherine and I'm your oracle for the day."

The adults turned to each other then turned to the girl then back to each other. Suddenly, all three of them spoke.

"Where's your mom, kid?"
"You're an oracle?"
"I'm hungry."

Confused, Voltaire and Melancholia stared at Selene who was daydreaming and rubbing her stomach.

"Selene," Melancholia said, "You can fetch the patient now and drop him off with Wendy."

With a salute, Selene exited the office.

Shaking her head, Melancholia addressed the teenager who was still in the room, "So... you're an orac-"

However, before she could continue, Katherine had put up her finger in the air and was ruffling through her jean pockets. When she found what she was looking for, she cleared her throat and read out loud from it.