December

The next two months seemed to fly by, for me at least. Dan had begun dating Ella and she was around the apartment quite often. In fact, she and Dan were currently sitting in the living room playing video games. I didn’t mind anymore, really. Sure, I still had slight feelings for her, but they were becoming less and less by the day. Dan was really happy with her, and I was glad to see my friend happy. Recently, Dan had introduced Ella to his subscribers. Naturally, there was the explosion of fans who were jealous, but since he had announced his relationship, many of his fans were starting to take a liking to Ella. But hey, what’s not to like?

            I was sat at the computer, logging into my various social networking sites. I glanced at the calendar; Friday, December 9th. Dan and I would be filming the next “Phil is Not on Fire” video tomorrow, and so I was preparing to ask all the fans to send in their questions. After making the announcement, my inboxes and Twitter notifications were lighting up like crazy. I told myself I wouldn’t look at any of them until Dan and I were filming; that way our responses were genuine and candid. I kept browsing the Internet for another hour until I heard the front door to the flat open and close. I glanced at the clock. 11:45 PM.Dan must have been saying goodbye to Ella. I got up from the computer and walked out into the lounge, where Dan was now sitting by himself watching television. I plopped myself down next to Dan and nudged his arm.

            “So, you excited for tomorrow?” I asked, smiling.

            “You bet I am! How couldn’t I be?” Dan replied, turning his attention from the TV set to me.

            “Pretty exciting stuff!” I said.

            “It is! Phil, I gotta say. I’m really happy about everything that’s happened so far. I really feel like everything is going to plan,” Dan said, putting his hands on the back of his neck and kicking his feet up on the couch.

            “Same here!”

            “Hey, the Sonic 4 disc is still in the PlayStation. Feel like giving that level another go?” Dan and I had been stuck on a particular level in Sonic 4 for the past week.

            “Sounds good to me.” So we sat in the lounge for the next two hours playing Sonic and talking. A little before 2 AM, I managed to beat the level we had been trying at for hours. “Well,” I said, “I think it’s time to turn in.”

            “Indeed it is! Big day ahead,” Dan said, turning off the game console. We said our goodnights and I walked over to my bedroom. I pulled back my comforter and climbed into bed, letting the soft covers engulf me in their warmth. Thank God for flannel sheets in the winter. Without them, I’d probably be shivering all night. I grabbed my iPhone and refreshed Twitter a couple of times, avoiding my connections tab so I couldn’t read any of the questions sent in. I set an alarm for noon so I wouldn’t waste my entire day sleeping. After all, I had to make sure I had enough time to get dressed and shoot the video with Dan. The editing process would take another day entirely. Before putting my phone on the charger for the night, I checked my weather app. The forecast called for rain.

            “I hate rain,” I said as I plugged my phone in and set it on the nightstand. I laid in bed for who knows how long, captivated by the excitement of filming this video; I had plans to make it one of the best ones Dan and I had filmed yet. Finally, I managed to fall asleep.