CHAPTER III

I woke up from the dim sunlight that was shining inside trough the window. It was still too early in the morning and I didn't want to get up yet. I didn't want to leave this comfortable bed. I snuggled deeper into the sheets. It's been too long since I've last slept in a bed.

We arrived at baekhyuns place late yesterday night and he told me to sleep in his bed while he'll take the couch. It's kind of him. He doesn't know me at all- still he decides to save a stranger. and the most important is that he's willing to help me. But I still ask myself why. Why would someone do that? I guess I should just be grateful that I get such a chance.

"Are you asleep or just starring at the wall like a complete weirdo?" I turned around in bed to face Baekhyun who was standing at the door. "Get up. I'll wait for you outside." I yawned and sat up slowly. "For what?", I asked while rubbing my eyes. "For what? For your control-training of course. Turn your brain on kid." He threw me a towel. "Wash up and eat something for breakfast first." Then he left the room and later on I heard how the door closed shut. I sighed slightly and then finally got out of bed. I picked up the towel and walked over to the bathroom after I found out where in the apartment it was. I looked in the mirror and groaned. I look terribly tired and exhausted, no wonder people had pity with me and gave me some when I asked for money back then. I turned the water from the sink on and washed my face but decided that's better to take a shower instead and did so.

After eating a piece of toast I walked outside to look for Baekhyun. He waved me over after I found him crossing the street, walking towards a forrest. I raised an eyebrow but I guessed that I wouldn't need to ask why we're heading into a forrest since I'll surely get my answer soon.

We went in pretty deep and I feared we won't find our way back but Baekhyun was all calm so I suppose I should just trust his insticts. Even though it was around 10am we got surrounded by the dark shaows of the trees and it felt like it was nighttime already. We stopped at the darkest point Baekhyun thought there was. I sat down and sighed. "You know if you need darkness for our training we could just have waited 'till it get's late"

He snorted. "I have my reasons kid. You'll see soon enough why we're here."

I played with a leaf on the ground. "Why won't you let me call you hyung? I mean you call me kid anyway-" "I already told you why and I call you kid because I feel like it.. what are you asking so much for?" He seemed annoyed by me which caused me to smirk in amusement.

Baekhyun looked at me. "Yah get up!" I scratched the back of my neck after following his order. "So, what will you teach me?" Baekhyun mumbled something I couldn't put together and then stood beside me. He lifted his hand to the height of my eyes. "Watch.", he simply added and then opened his palm. "This is the basics.", he said and I watched how soft light appeared inside of his hand and widened my eyes once again even though I saw it before. I just can't help myself but smile in admiration of his control. Will I be able to do the same after today's, let's call it "session"?

He let the light separate into five small versions of the one before and let wander each to one of his fingertips, which fascinated me even more. "Woah let me try that too!" Baekhyun closed his palm just to open it again afterwards and shot a flash of light right into my eyes. I shut them close and stepped back. "Stop! That's too bright, what even-" "It's not that simple you moron! There's still a lot of work to do before you'll be able to manage this."

I opened my eyes again and pouted. "God, I thought you were going to burn my sight." "Shut up.. now listen closely." I blinked repeatedly and then nodded. "Back to your question, We're here because it's just perfekt light, not too dark yet dark enough to satisfy your spirit-" "My spirit?" "Yes your spirit, the only source you can contact so far. By following my advice you'll soon be able to connect your spirit to your power and that's the most important step." I looked at him and my face showed an confused expression. "How am I supposed to manage this? The only moment the phoenix shows is when I'm frustrated or angry or worse." Baekhyun shook his head. "That's what your brain makes you think. the first time your power, or how you call it, "phoenix", showed must've been a normal cause, but due to the reactions of the people arround you it made you think that the power that's inside you is bad. They were scared of you and pushed you aside. They left you. That's what made you hate it. hate yourself. That's what made you think you were different so you only put negativity together with it."

I stared to the ground. He was right. Back then they ran away from me. They were scared of me so they didn't want to get close to me. I was always by myself. lonely. He was right I hate it. It took everything I had. I hate it so much-

"Hey, Hey! Calm down!" I raised my head and widened my eyes. I didn't realize that I lit fire to a spot on the ground close to Baekhyun. He jumped away and cursed. I got back to senses and caused it to disappear. "I'm sorry I-" He guestured me to stop talking and shook his foot since his shoe slightly caught fire as well. He sighed. "There's a longer way to go than I thought. Your mind is so unstable Chanyeol.." I looked down and clenched my fists. "This always happens, I-" "Don't worry about it.. that's why you have me now. We'll figure something out." I looked at him and he smiled encouragingly at me.

Why is he like this? I'm a stranger. Why did he agree in helping a stranger?- "What are you starring at kid?" He looked at me suspiciously. I averted my gaze. "Sorry I just thought about something." "You spaced out all of a sudden.. well nevermind."

He clapped his hands together. "Let's get started now!"

-
Sorry for updating late but I had no wifi for a while so.. ^-^'