CHAPTER IV

I took a deep breath.

"That's right Chanyeol, just completely let go of everything and focus on your spirit." I sighed slightly. We're now doing this for about five hours and still didn't get anywhere. "Baekhyun I-" "Shush! Dammit Chanyeol if you keep talking we'll have to start over once again!" I opened my eyes and saw how he groaned and kicked a stone away which caused me to smirk. He was just as impatient as me. I mumbled an apology and got back into a calm position and closed my eyes. I heard rustling leaves beside me and assumed that Baekhyun sat down. A sigh next to me confirmed it.

"Alright please just shut your mouth this time and seriously focus on what I tell you. I know it takes long. I know it's tiring and I know that you rather would do something else now, but you are the one here who wants to gain controll of his powers. So you better obey." I chuckled slightly but stopped as I felt his gaze on my smirking face. I shouldn't be this rude, after all he could just go and leave me alone with my problems.

"All calm now?" He asked in an annoyed voice and I nodded. "Alright then take a deep breath and think about your element."

I inhaled and exhaled in a long manner and let my thoughts wander to anything related to fire.

flames, wood, reddish, orange, hot...

dangerous, burning, killing-

I furrowed my brows and tensed up strongly. I could feel how my entire body heated up.

destroy, hate

I gripped the ground in frustation.

Suddenly I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.

Baekhyun

"Chanyeol.. it's nothing bad. Fire is not bad." I kept my eyes closed and listened to his voice. "Remember.. only them calling it bad doesn't mean anything. Focus. Fire is warmth in a freezing night.. Fire is used for cooking right? that was needed a lot back then.. Fire isn't bad. it's wonderful Chanyeol." I calmed down slowly. His soothing voice still ranged in my ears and kept me safe. I could feel the phoenix.. but it's a different feeling than before.

It's calm.. I am calm.

Baekhyun removed his hand slowly and I sighed in relief. If he wasn't there to stop my mind from freaking out and drowning in negativity about my inner self.. who know's if this peaceful forrest would've been there anymore.

"Good.. now keep going for a little longer.." He whispered and I nodded in response.

~~~~

We went back to Baekhyun's place after two more hours of trying to connect my power to my spirit. We didn't progress much though we spent the whole day in that forrest. I was so tired that as soon as we got home I let myself plop onto the couch. "Yah!" Baekhyun stepped infront of me and looked down at me laying there lazily. "Jjinja! I'll teach you manners too beside that control training of yours! Move!" I grumbled something into a pillow and just scooped my legs to my stomach. He sighed and sat down where I made space for him. "This kid.. don't you dare to fall asleep here!" I sat up slowly and yawned. "Yah, are you my mother or something?" I smirked and then felt a pillow hit my face. ouch

The pillow slipped down to my lap, but before I could realize anything else the next one was thrown and everything got back to being black again. I groaned and gripped the pillow and shoved it into Baekhyuns direction.

Oh no.

I thought that he would freak out now completely but instead I heard a dumped giggle. He laughed?

I dared to open my eyes now since I was too scared that a third one would come right after the second pillow was off my face. There he sat, pillows in both of his hands, and a dangerous yet playful glare. "That means war", he mumbled and I quickly took hold of the pillow on my lap. He punched me with both pillows at once and I couldn't hit back so I just used my pillow as a shield and laughed.

"This is for taking you so long at the forrest and your behavior!" He shouted and kept going. "Alright! Alright I'm sorry I give up! S-Stop!", I laughed and fell off of the couch. I threw my hands in the air in panick to hold onto something.

But that something wasn't the couch or any other furniture which could've kept me from falling. It was Baekhyun who I pulled down with me as my back hit the floor.

with him on top of me.

It became silent. I froze a little as baekhyun lifted his head and looked down at me with a slight blush.
Wait what? I looked closer just to make sure. There really was a slight pink touch spreading over his cheeks. He looked kinda cute like that.

Hold on what am I even thinking about?

"Y-Yah, what are you staring at?", Baekhyun asked and got off me and looked away. I felt slightly embarrssed for him to notice. I must've looked like a dork, glaring at him like that.

"Sorry", I mumbled and stood up, picking up the pillows and placing them back onto the couch. There was an awkward atmosphere but I decided to shrug it off.
"You should go to bed." -"huh?" "Go to bed. We'll continue the training tomorrow at the same time so make sure to have enough sleep.. You'll need your energy.", Baekhyun said without looking at me and begun preparing the couch for him to sleep on. I just nodded slowly and then turned around to leave the livingroom and head to his bedroom. I took off all of my clothes but my boxers and slid under the blanket. I shifted around for a while until I found a comfortable position.

I was kinda confused by what just happened and mostly by what came up my mind.

Did I really just think of Baekhyun looking cute?

-
I'm sorry for only updating a short chapter, the others will be longer I promise! ^-^

Have you listened to Baek's duet called Dream? His and Suzy's voice are so soothing fml •~• I love it!