Chapter two

Hicca's P.O.V (still at night)

I ran outside, Midnight hot on my tail. "C'mon Midnight." I said putting her leash on. "We're getting out of here." I said as we ran to the forest. We ran until we reached a clearing at the base of the mountain. We for about half way up the mountain and I saw a cave I walked up to it until I heard something growl from inside. 'I know that growl.' I thought recognizing the defensive growl.

 When I heard the familiar hiss of gas building in his throat I freaked out. "OhToothlessitsmepleasedon'tkillme!" I yelled quickly, covering my face with my arms defensively in the process. "Hicca!"?! He asked sounding surprised. "Yeah its me." I said. "What are you doing here?" He asked walking outside. 'Shit I forgot, he doesn't know that my mom beats me, or that I cut.' I thought as I pulled my hood over my head and pulled my sleeves.

                                     -----------------------------                                          
Toothless' P.O.V

I walked outside the cave just as Hicca pulled her hood over her head. "What's with the cloak?" I asked lifting an eyebrow. "O-oh uh n-nothing." She stammered out. I walked over to her and pulled the cloak down. I stared at her face in shock, she had a black eye and scratches all over her face. "What happened?" I asks worried. "Nothing!" She snapped pulling her hood back over her head.

 I sighed and pulled her cloak off revealing her arms, what I saw made me upset and sad at the same time. Her arms were covered in cuts and bruises. "Who has been doing this to you?" I asked. "My mom." She said. A few moments later she added. "And me." "What do you mean you?" I asked giving her a curious look. "I cut my arms....with a blade." She said wrapped her arms around her waist trying to cover her arms. I sighed and wrapped my arms around her.

 "OW!" She winced when I hugged her. "What's wrong? Did I hurt you?" I asked. "No you didn't hurt me, my back just hurts." She said. I had a bad feeling that something wasn't right. I walked behind her and lifted up her shirt. "Oh my gods!" I yelled taking notice of the cuts that covered her back. "Why didn't you tell me she did this, hell why didn't you call the police?!" I asked letting go of her shirt.

 "Gee don't know, maybe I was afraid of my mother the one who did this in the first damn place!" She snapped back at me. "And I was afraid of loosing you, They would take me away, and I couldn't let that happen." She said. I let out a sigh and rubbed the back of my head. "You should've told me I would have protected you at any cost." I said taking her hands into mine, my eyes had already started to well up with tears.

 "I know but if I told you and you tried to protect me it would have risked your life." She said looking down at the ground. "I would rather get hurt  protecting you from getting hurt, than letting you get hurt without me knowing and without me being able to protect you." I said knowing that the last part was a bit cheesy. She smiled at me. "Thanks tooth." She said wrapping her arms around me. "No problem Hicca." I said wrapping my arms around her trying not to hurt her. 

"Let's go inside." I said leading Hicca inside. "Let's wrap up your arms and back." I said reaching into a box pulling out bandages and gauze wrap. "I'm sorry Tooth." She said looking down with a saddened look. "What are you sorry for?" I asked walking over to her with a confused look on my face. "For not telling you about my mom and my arms." She said holding out her arm so I could bandage it.

 "You don't need to apologize for anything." I said wrapping her arm up with the gauze. "Yes I do." She said frowning. I took hold of her other arm and wrapped it.  "Why? I mean why did you cut?" I asked. After I finished with her other arm. "I did and didn't want to die at the same time so I cut, that's how I fought suicide, letting it out slowly instead of all at once, it made me feel like all my worries had lifted up off my shoulders when I did that, getting rid of all the guilt."

We talked the rest of the night. Then daybreak came. We were tired so we slept. When I though Hicca was asleep I snaked my arms around her. "Tooth what are you doing?" She asked. "Uh nothing...heh heh heh..." I started to fake snore and turned around. 'God damnit now she's gonna think I'm a fucking creep.' I thought as I sighed and fell asleep.

                                  --------------------------------

Well, I know I didn't change a whole lot yet, but trust me the good stuff is coming BYEEE!!!