Kindness

Toshiro's pov

I watch as Kina runs away from me. I didn't mean to hurt her. I lost it for a moment there. Now we are forced to hate each other. I walk inside and go into the library and hide in the corner, covered in books. I hear the door burst open and Kina enters the library. I peek through the shelves and she has bandages around her wrist. I go red from embarrassment. I return to my books and she sits at the table and begins reading. I look out the window hours later and the moon is rising. I stand up and make my way to the exit of the library. I turn and see Kina asleep in her chair. I walk over to her and gently shake her. She doesn't respond to me and I gently wrap my arms around her waist and lift her up. She feels as light as a feather. I look down at the table and see a drawing and her notebook. I put them both in my satchel and begin to carry her to my room. I walk down the field and I notice her pink ribbon falls off of her hair. I lay her down and pick up the ribbon. On the ribbon there is stitching and it reads.
"It will bring you luck" I wrap it around my hand and pick her back up. I enter my room and lay her on my bed. I remove the ribbon from my hand and wrap it around her short blonde hair. I kneel down at my desk and begin studying once again.

"Mommy...." I hear her mumble in her sleep. I barely look over my shoulder and see her tossing in her sleep. A single tear falls from her face and I approach her slowly.
"Don't hurt him please" She cries in her sleep. I tilt my head and begin remembering something. I met this girl before. I preformed a Konsō on her and her brother. It was my first day in the human world and I was accompanied by my Sensei. I kneel down to her and lay my hand on her wrist. I can feel my spiritual pressure flowing into her body and she begins to shiver slightly. I take a few steps back and turn back to my study. Before I return to my study, I pull out her notebook and turn to the first page and begin reading. I finish it and it is close to dawn. I turn and see that Kina is still asleep. I pick her up and sneak her back into her room. I leave a note at the door and make my way to class.

Kina's pov

I open my eyes and notice that I am no longer in the library. Did Orin find me in the library and bring me back here?? I sit up and my ribbon falls from my hair. I pick it up and it feels as cold as ice. I tie it around my hair and notice a small note by my door. I pick it up and read it.
"Forgive me" Toshiro?? I rub my wrist and it doesn't hurt as much anymore. At least it's not throbbing anymore. I walk towards class and see Toshiro asleep at his desk. I feel bad and I sneak over to him and gently kiss his forehead.
"I forgive you"