1.Intro

Going to a new school can be hard especially if it is a boarding school so far in the middle of nowhere, you would seriously feel and empathize for "courage the cowardly dog", and hate your parents.

Well, Amber Goodwin found her self in this situation at the insistence of her new stepmother, that she be sent to Calder Academy. This was something that puzzled her, she was a good kid always did what she was told and never caused any trouble, so her stepmother wanting to send her away was quite heartbreaking, she thought Melissa had grown to love her but now she began to wonder if her affection towards her was just a lie. Amber had lived with her father in the small town where she had been born, yes he was wealthy but for some reason he did not want to leave even after her mother had died when she was thirteen he still would not go,   anyone who asked him why he stayed, he would reply "I was born here, my daughter was born here why should I leave?".She adored her father even when he remarried when she had turned seventeen,her new mother Melissa was beautiful had a laugh that sounded like Christmas bells ,her nervousness disappeared when it turned out that she was not like other stepmothers, or so she thought, after all, she was sitting on a train being sent to who knows where for her last two years of high school.

The captain announcing that they would be entering the station soon, snapped her out of her thoughts as she saw the station come into view bringing a stomach-churning fear because now it was officially real. Lissa had gotten rid of her and she was utterly broken up about it,  as the train screeched to a stop she picked up her suitcase and made her way out of her seat towards the entrance passing various kinds of people, some who had gotten on the train with her and some she figured had boarded at the other stations ,children screeching ,young couples arguing, old couples walking hand in hand ,they all got off the train while others remained behind . Amber stood on the platform looking for that person who she had been told would be there to take her to Calder. After scanning the crowd she picked out a man holding up a large card that said "Miss A.GOODWIN", she made her way towards him and as soon as she had introduced herself he took her bag and asked her to follow him.They walked out of the station and towards a black car that was parked outside, he opened the back seat door for her and she entered, closing the door he placed her bags in the trunk got in and they were off. She looked out the window watching the world pass them till she fell asleep.

Next thing her door was being opened and her eyes were trying to adjust to the light, blinking a few times she remembered where she was and shyly stepped out of the car, the sight before her eyes was magnificent it literally took her breath away. Maybe she wouldn't hate Calder after all.
It may have been a fresh start and she could be whoever she wanted to be, for a moment she actually thanked her stepmother.

"Ehem! Miss Goodwin would you kindly follow me" the driver announced snapping her out of her daze, she apologized blushing like an overripe tomato as she followed him.T hey went through what seemed like a maze of passages before reaching a door that had Headmistress, the driver knocked and a few seconds a woman asked them to enter ,he opened the door for her and they entered.

Behind a large oak desk sat a woman, busy looking over papers.

"Mrs. Stern, this is Amber Goodwin" the driver announced, she looked up and Amber was dazzled by her beauty, she looked to be in her fifties but she wore her age well, her eyes were grey like the few small streaks of grey hair she had, her mouth was lined with smile wrinkles, her eyes screamed of joy and her voice was soft and kind which helped Amber relax a little.

"Ah! Miss Goodwin" she said looking straight at her,"welcome to Calder Academy ,I hope your journey went well . I am headmistress Stern but you can call me Mrs Stern or Gellen ,I am glad that you have chosen our fine establishment to complete your final two years of high school. Now down to business we have looked at your records and are extremely pleased, impressed in fact with your work, we hope you bring the same studious attitude"

"T...Thank you Mrs Stern for the warm welcome"Amber nervously said 

"Your welcome my dear,you must be tired ,Harold please escort Miss Goodwin to Mrs Chadwick. Thank you "

"Yes ma'am "

"Oh and will you pass through the administration offices to collect her schedule,Harold"

"Of course ma'am"  

After that Harold escorted her to the dorms and she had settled in, she lay in bed wondering what everyone at home was doing, who her roommate would be and most importantly what life here at  Calder would be like.