Chapter 1: Science Class

Lily's POV:

My locker came into view. But as always, little notes were taped all over it. Things like "U SUCK" and "GO KILL YOURSELF" along with the normal "YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE." Oddly, these weren't as bad as yesterday. No swearing. Maybe this day would be better. I turned in the combo and opened my locker, which didn't have anything different than yesterday. 

Speedily, I reached for a few books and my phone. As I closed it, loud breathing and laughing sounded behind me. Groaning, I turned around and saw Lucy and Amelia, behind their leader Olivia. 

"What's up, Lily?" Olivia asked, pushing me into my locker, sending pain throughout my back. 

"What do you want?" I moaned, standing up in pain. Lucy laughed and slapped me straight across the face, leaving a hand-print as a scar. 

"Didn't you read the notes?" Amelia laughed, pointing at the pieces of paper hanging loosely from my locker. Frowning, I looked back at them.

"Indeed I did. And honestly, they weren't as bad as yesterday. Now if you excuse me, I need to get to class." I replied somewhat confidently. My hand slammed the locker closed as I squeezed past them and dashed to my final class. The new confidence that I somehow gained quickly disappeared as I entered the room and everyone stared at me.

"Lily," my science teacher, Mr. Turner said. "You're late." My eyes shot towards my watch, and it was just a few seconds after the bell rang. Fear rushed through my veins as I held my head low.

"Don't worry," Mr. Turner said. "I won't count you late. Just sit down." Quickly, I scurried over to my table and sat down next to my lab partner who also happened to be my boyfriend. Well, not a good boyfriend. Or one I wanted. 

For one, he was abusive. Two, he wasn't even my type. I'm shy, smart, and creative. He's popular, bad, and a jock. 

"Hey baby." Noah, my boyfriend, whispered, pecking me on my cheek, causing me to shudder.

"I hate you." I replied. 

"That's just your way of saying you love me."

"No, that's my way of saying I hate you, which I do." 

"I love you."

"Get away from me."

"No." Noah snickered and reluctantly sat up and focused his attention on our teacher. 

"Alright class, interesting news!" Mr. Turner said cheerfully. "Since tomorrow is Career Day, I will pass out a list of people with different jobs, you will choose ONLY 3, and then you will get to see and talk to them about their jobs tomorrow!"

He passed all the papers out, to my table last. Once I finally got the paper, nearly all the jobs looked unappealing. Football star? No! Fashion Designer? Definitely not! Lawyer? No way! The only things on the entire list of 50 people that looked mildly interesting was a video game designer and a painter. I needed to pick one more person.

Finally, I was at the last 2 people on the list. A caterer didn't look interesting, obviously. My gaze focused on the final name as my heart nearly stopped at the three little words typed across the paper:

Internet Star: Matthiasiam

-------------------------------------

Ayy what do you think? Sorry it's short, but nearly all the first chapters of any of my stories are short. I thought it would be fun to do a Matthias story, so here it is! Anyway, thank you all for reading and I will see you all laterade!

-Sara