Chapter 6 - Lukas

This is it. I'm here. Outside the door of the home I will be staying at. Today is the day I meet the family. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door. After I knocked I heard shuffling from the other side of the door and someone yell, "Mom he is here!" The door then opened and revealed a guy around my age with blond spiked up hair and blue eyes.

"Hello. Are you the exchange student?" He asked me as he is leaning against the doorframe.

"I am." I replied.

"Hello! I'm Matthias." He smiled at stuck out his hand.

"My name is Lukas." I shook his hand.

"Hello Lukas!" That was the third time he said hello to me in the past minute. "Oh! Uh, you can come in! I'll show you where you will be staying!" I followed in into his house with my butler and the driver, who were carrying my bags, behind me.

"Oh hello." Who I assumed to be Matthias' mom said. "I'm Mrs. Køhler. It's nice to finally meet you."

"I'm Lukas. It's nice to meet you too."

"You'll have to excuse us, but we currently don't have an empty room, so-" 

"You'll be rooming with me!" Matthias cut in.

"I hope that will be okay?" Mrs. Køhler finished.

I wasn't sure if I would be able to stand staying in the same room as the annoying blond, but as not to seem rude I just said, "Oh yes, that would be fine."

"I'll go show you my room." Matthias said, "Follow me." So I once again started following Matthias. He led us down the stairs into the basement and then down a hallway. He stopped in front of a door at the end of the hallway.

"This is my room." He said as he opened the door. I looked inside. It was quite a bit smaller than my room at home, but for most people, I guess it would be a decent sized room. We walked inside. There were two beds in the room, each one the opposite wall from the other. Once inside, my butler and driver set my bags down.

"We'll be leaving now, Master Lukas." My butler said.

"Very well. Goodbye."

"Goodbye, Master Lukas."

Once they had left the room, Matthias turned towards me. "Whoa. You get called Master? That's so cool!"

"I guess?" I replied, not really sure on how to respond to that. 

"This is your bed." Matthias said guesturing to the bed on the left side of the room. My bed had dark blue covers and pillows. It looked comfy enough, but it might take a bit to get used to sleeping on a much smaller bed. I looked over at Matthias' bed. He had a cover with the Danish flag on it. 

"Are you Danish?" I asked Matthias.

"Yeah. I was born in Denmark."

"Hm. I was born in Norway."

"That's cool." He said. "Oh! The bathroom is right across the hall from here. I can give you a tour of the house after you put your stuff away. If you want."

"Okay."

"This is your dresser, where you can put your clothes, and if you need to hang up any of your clothes the closet is right here." Matthias explained. So I got to work putting all of my clothes and personal items away. The whole time Matthias was asking me questions, which was starting to get pretty annoying.

"So you go to an all-boys school?"

"Yes."

"What's it like having no girls?"