Nine

Chapter Nine

"I'm Mizuhara Kiko, nice to meet you." The new girl Kiko said as she sat on the vacant seat beside Dara, who had been sent to her seat shortly after Kiko's introduction "I'm Sandara Park." She gave a small smile before turning her head back to the board. "I'm sorry for you loss." she said quietly, Dara's head turned to her in shock. "Excuse me?" Dara cocked an eyebrow, "I said, I'm sorry for your loss." Kiko replied while taking out a notebook, "H-how did you know?" Kiko shrugged and said "I did not mean to eavesdrop, some girls were talking about it in the hallway in a very loud volume. Aand, Gossips spread like wildfire here." Dara opened her mouth and closed it again.

Something weird was with this girl. Dara thought to herself and only gave a simple "ahh" in response as if understanding this girl's behavior.

The morning went like a breeze and it was time for lunch, Dara sat alone in their usual place in the canteen. Bom has stuff to do for the student council along with Chaerin and Minzy was no where to be found. She stared at her tray, a box of juice and tuna sandwich paired with an apple. "Can I sit here?" Dara looked up and met Kiko's eyes, Dara gave a curt nod and sighed taking her sandwich in her hands. "Where's your friends?" She asked placing her tray in front oh her, "They had to do some things," Dara said munching on the sandwich "Oh, is that so?" Kiko replied forking her peas. Lunch passed and nobody said a word after that, Dara bid good bye to Kiko and headed to her next class
"That girl needs to eat!" Kiko muttered as she stared at her tray that she left with a half eaten sandwich and an untouched apple.

-

"Oppaaaaa!~" Dara sing sang as she peaked through the ward's door where her older brother was at "Santtoki..." The older man gave a weak smile and put aside the book he was reading. Dara came in full of glee then the three, Bom, Minzy, and Chaerin followed. "She was different very different from this morning." Bom whispered to Chaerin "Let's just say, Thunder-oppa is Dara's happy pill" Minzy added with a smile while looking at the two. "Neh, Oppa how are you feeling?" Dara placed the back of her hand at Cheondong's forehead checking his temperature, she was now sitting beside Thunder on the hospital bed. "Hey Minzy, Chaerin, and Bom." He smiled at the three sitting on the couch against the wall "I'm okay Dara, How about you? Are you doing okay?" Cheondong squinted his eyes and tucked Her loose hair behind her ear.

'I'm not okay.' Dara wants to breakdown, and let it all out on her brother, but being herself, she won't. Her brother's situation is harder and worse than hers and she doesn't want to be a burden for him, "I'm okay.." Dara said avoiding his gaze and started placing fruits on his side table. "Hmmmm..What about you three? Are you doing well?" Cheondong asked them, "We're fine, Thank you for asking." Chaerin said with a smile, and Bom and Minzy just nodded in response. "Oppa, Do you know any one named Mizuhara Kiko?" asked Dara, which raised the brow of the Older boy, "Hmm, doesn't ring the bell, why so?"
"There's this new girl at school a tad weird...but I guess that doesn't matter." Dara shrugged and Thunder dropped the subject

*hours later*

"Thank you for welcoming us here," Minzy said bowing lightly "Ahaha, It's nothing. After all you're Dara's friends." Cheondong replied with a warm smile "Oppa, I'll walk them outside," Dara suggested, "No no, We're okay." Bommie said waving her hand in front as a sign of protest "Okay then." Dara replied "Dara, who was that Mizuhara Kiko?" Bom whispered "I don't know either." She bluntly replied while shrugging her shoulders. They reached the door and gave their goodbyes to each other.

"Dara, how was your work?" Thunder asked his younger sister as he resumed on reading the book from earlier "Ah, My work. Yes, It was fine. My boss and co-workers are very hospitable." Dara said as she roamed around the room "Come sit here,.." Thunder said patting the space on his bed while his eyes, still on the book he was holding, Dara's way to her brother felt like an eternity, every step she takes she felt like her chest was getting heavier and the air was getting intenser. "Yes, oppa?"She asked as soon as she was on the hospital bed, Thunder set aside the book and turned to Dara

"I know you're not okay." Suddenly tears are welling up in her eyes "and I also know you feel like a burden to me." It was amazing how her older brother reads her like an open book, Dara hugged him tight "I'm sorry, I'm the one whose a burden to you..." He rubbed Dara's hair slowly "I know it's not easy, but thank you, Thank God, I have a little sister just like you." her brother continued "Whenever you feel down, please, Stay strong, not for me, but for yourself." He then kissed her forehead, *sniff* "I-i I am very very sorry...."

"For what dara?" Thunder asked "For drenching your shirt wet" She then faced his brother with a smile on her face, and swollen eyes, with a little snot on her nose Thunder laughed at her sister's face, and brushed away the stray hair on her face.

*knock *knock

"Come in," Dr. Choi opened the door with a clipboard and pen in hand . "Good afternoon, Mr. Park." Choi said, "Oh, Is that you're girl friend?" he asked pertaining to the girl lying beside him, that looks like she's asleep. Cheondong's eyebrows knitted together at the center of his forehead "She's my sister." He sounded a little bit annoyed. "Oops." the Doctor quickly finishes his work and left the room flushed with embarassment "How should I know? I didn't even see her face"  Seunghyun muttered as the door was closed explaining to himself.

--

"Dara,"
"..."
"Dara, wake up."
"Latuuurrr"
"YAH!!!" Dara bolted right up and then screamed too. "What's wrong with you?!" Thunder said rubbing his ears "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?" Dara retorted, really annoyed. "Your alarm is going off!" Thunder said glaring at the girl, a minute passed by until it got to her "WORK!" She jumped to her feet and grabbed her coat, before exiting the room she gave a kiss on her brother's cheeks, muttered goodbye and slammed the door shut.

----

Arriving on time for work, Dara seemed to look haggard more than ever, she had no time cleaning herself up for she woke up late... Gummy said "Well, someone's a mess." Dara brushed her hair with her fingers and opened her locker "Just woke up hehehe"

"Well you better change and clean yourself up right away because costumers are coming in like storm." Gummy then left the room, Dara change to her uniform and washed her face.

------

Hello. It's me. I was wondering after all these years you'd like to meet. just trolling with ya! sorry for my lack of updates and for my hiatus, I just don't know what to write next anymore! and I deleted my wattpad app back then. Anyways Sorry for the cliffhanger though hahahaha COMMENT VOTE!