Chapter Nine

"Justin," I said, "you can't be serious. I have a class right now, I don't want to talk to you, I have a class. Plus your drunk." I couldn't even form a proper sentence.

He grabbed my arm as I tried to walk toward the classroom. "I know. Amber, I only want you. Can't you see that?" I finally looked at his face. He had a purple bruise on his left cheek. I assumed that was from where Aubrey punched him. He was wearing dark sun glasses, and a black baseball cap.

"I don't want you back Justin," and with that I pulled my arm out of his grasp, and went to class. Maya following behind me closely.
...
My teacher called to me as soon as I entered the classroom. I froze. Crap. I was going to get a demerit. No.

"Sir, I'm so sorry, I won't ever be late again." I said as I walked toward his desk.

He looked at me in confusion for a moment before realization took over his features. "I'm not going to punish you, I was just going to tell you that this test isn't for you. It's for the students who are failing."

"Oh. Well can't I still do it?" I asked.

"No." He laughed "you can't stay here either, your done for today. Check the website for the homework and turn it in tomorrow." Crap.

I stayed in the class a little longer, until the teacher motioned for me to leave. I looked at Maya who looked back at me with puppy eyes, and I mouthed 'I'll call you', then left the class.

I walked to my car in the parking lot of the school, (yes I had a car, I was just lazy to drive) and kept an eye out for Justin, luckily he never came. The drive home would be short, so I decided to get some food on the way.

I thought about Aubrey. I hadn't seen him since Sunday. We talked everyday, but I didn't get a chance to see him. Thinking of him probably made my subconscious mind crazy because I absentmindedly drove to Dons Diner. That's strange I thought, as I parked.
.....

After eating and paying the waitress, I got up from my seat to make my way back to my car.

"Amber, Is that you darling?"

I rolled my eyes. Not today. I turned to face the woman. "Yes it's me, hi Mrs. Allen."

"How long has it been, a month?" Justin's mom asked.

"Yes About that. Really it's a pleasure to see you again" I faked a smile.

"No. You can't leave just yet. What's going on, where's Justin? You two are inseparable."

"Ummm..... things didn't quite work out between Justin and I?"

"Are you serious? How is he taking it?" She asked shifting her weight from one leg to the other, a nervous action I was sure.

"Not that bad." I lied, Justin had been blowing up my phone to the point where I had to block him just to get some peace. Now he was showing up at my school.

"Really? I mean considering his condition I would be expecting him to be doing the most.."

Condition? What was she talking about? "Excuse me, what condition?" I asked.

"Oh he really didn't tell you did he? Amber, Justin has bipolar disorder."

What? "No he never told me that,"

"When he was with you, he'd been the happiest I'd ever seen him, he took his meds regularly and he really did love you." Her phone rang, I tried to excuse myself from her presence, but she told me to hold on.

When she was done with her call she looked at me. " that was Justin's doctor, he was supposed to pick his meds up since Saturday, and he hasn't shown up."

Fuck. That's the day I found out about his affair.

"Can't you go pick them up for him?" I asked.

"Yes, but Justin's an adult. He should be responsible enough to do what he has to do."

Why was she such a bitch? "Okay, I'll call him to make sure everything's alright" I said.

She thanked me, and I left the restaurant. I felt something was wrong in the pit of my stomach. As I drew nearer to my car I could see what it was, Justin was leaned against the hood of my car, drinking a bottle of vodka straight out of the bottle.

Aubrey's POV

I left Amber's house after lunch on Sunday to go move into my apartment. I got the rest of my belongings from Roger's house and said goodbye to my aunt and Roger before I left.

I had to get back to Justin, he was in pretty bad shape when I left, and although I refused to clean his mess, I didn't want him drinking himself to death, so I drove as fast as the legal limit allowed, back to my apartment.

When I entered the apartment everything was cleaned. There was no throw up on the living room floor, the apartment looked spotless.

He stayed in bed since Sunday, after he cleaned ,sulking and feeling sorry for himself. I let him cry and be a little bitch, but he would lose his scholarship if he missed too many classes, and although I didn't like him, I didn't want him to lose the scholarship that he worked hard for. Today (Wednesday) I would get him out of bed and back into the real world.

"Justin! I'm back" I called out.

No answer.

"Are you asleep?"

No answer. Fuck. Was he even here?

He wasn't at school. I pulled my phone out. Shit. I didn't take his number. Amber had his number. Great. I could call her to get in touch with him.

After Sunday, I decided to give Amber a little time away from me. I called her every night, but I had to give her some space to breathe. She needed to get over Justin before I was able to get to her for real. I wanted her to be with me because she wanted to, not because I was better than Justin.

The phone only rang once before she answered. "Aubrey, hey!" Her tone was off.

"Somethings wrong Amber, I hear it in your voice."

"It's just Justin, I'm at Dons diner and he's here, on my car drinking. He has bipolar disorder Aubrey. He hadn't taken his meds." She whispered.

"Shit, okay um. Do you know what your going to do?" I asked her.

"I'll take him to the apartment so he can sober up. Are you there?"

"Yes. Do that."

"Okay.
I'll see you in a bit?" She asked.

"Sure. Be safe." I hung up. Shit. she was on her way here and I looked like shit. I decided to take a shower. Luckily the apartment was clean so I didn't have to worry about that.

In the shower I thought about Amber. I had just met her and she had such an effect on me. She was so beautiful with her brown skin and plump lips. I wondered what those lips would feel like wrapped around my cock. I put my hand on the base of my penis and began stroking slowly, while imagining Amber on her knees in front of me. My breathing changed and I picked up the pace. I made my fist pump quicker strokes, while imagining her head bobbing up and down quickly. "Amber!" I moaned out. "Fuck! " I shouted, as I came from my own hand strokes.

I couldn't wait for the day that I'd actually get to have her for myself.