Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

The Beginning Part One

****************************

            Veronica is going about her daily routine of roaming around the castle and reading a poetry book. This of course is unapproved by the king as well as everything that his daughter does.

            “What are you reading” The king says to her questionably as they pass threw a long hall. Veronicas face was stuffed in the words that took her to another world.

            “I… Um…” Veronica puts the book behind her back and curtsies to her father. “It’s just a book.” She says shyly and backs away.

            “I can see that. Which book?” He glares at her.

             “Dominic…” Veronica’s mother calls from the den just across the hall.

            The king looks away for a moment and then looks back and see’s only the end tip of a dress pass through a door way.

            “Ver….” He grumbles and heads into the den with his queen.

            Veronica rushes out into the garden and sits on the grassy stone in between the fruits and the tall stalks of sunflowers hiding from everyone as she reads. She sighs and lays back staring up at the sky. The bright yellow beam of sun kissing her cheeks feels pleasant, much better than the coldness of the castles stone ceilings.

            “Whoever you are holding me now in hand, without one thing all will be useless, I give you fair warning before you attempt me further, I am not what you supposed, but far different.” Veronica whispers tracing her fingers over the fine print.

            “Then what are you” Jessie says smirking knee deep in the sunflowers treating their roots with her homemade growth solution.

            Veronica jumps up and slams her book closed looking into the sunflowers.

            “Whose there?” She says holding the book over her eyes trying to adjust her eyes from the bright sun she once bathed in.

            “I’m…” Jessie pondered for a while. “The short answer… I’m a flower arranger my’ lady, and yourself?”

            “I’m Veronica” She says and then stands up dusting herself off.

            “Princess… I…” Jessie stands up and hits her head on a sunflower. “Ugh…” She grunts and tumbles out onto the stone sidewalk and face plants into Veronica’s thigh.

            Veronica falls back with Jessie on her lap.