Five

Samaria

"Odell, wake up. Please, wake up." I whined as I shoved Odell's body. I woke up in the middle of the night with Braxton Hicks contractions. Usually, he would comfort me and help me but he was knocked out.

Honestly, I know I'm spoiled with his attention  whether or not I admit it.

He groaned, obviously displeased by me awakening him from his peaceful slumber. "What's wrong, Mari?" His groggy voice filled the dark room that was only slightly illuminated by the moon. "I'm hurting." I whined. He flipped over on his back so he could see me.

"You having those contractions again?" He asked while gently pulling me into his embrace. I nodded with a small pout on my face. "It's two o'clock in the morning and my baby's bothering you, huh?"

"Yes, I'm ready for him to get out of here if he's going to keep hurting me. Yet, I'm still so nervous about labor." I confessed to Odell. "You shouldn't be nervous, babe. All three of us will be fine."

"Of course you'll be fine. You don't go through labor and all the things I do." I smiled as I rubbed my belly, soon his hand landed on top of mine. "I know, but I'm more than positive you'll be fine and so will he. Y'all are some soldiers. Remember how we found out you were pregnant?" He asked rhetorically, just to make me think. I nodded slowly thinking about it all.

"We were in that hospital forever, trying to make sure he would survive and he did. He's fighting to be here. He doing what his older sibling didn't have a chance to."

"That was beautiful for you to say, Odell. I love you so much, especially for saying things like that. You know just what to say and do." I looked up, smiling at him. "I love you so much more, my love."

"You don't know that." I giggled. "Oh, I know. I know no one in this world is capable of loving you as much as I do. There's no way." He spoke, kissing on my temple. "Are you still hurting?"

I shook my head. "I don't think so. I'm feeling pretty good."

"Good. Now go to sleep." He chuckled. "You ready to get rid of me?" I joked. "I'll never be ready to get rid of you." He whispered before I heard small snores.

--------------------------------------

"See you when I get home!" I shouted to Odell as I exited my condo. I was heading for work early in the morning. This week was my last week before I went on maternity leave since I would be eight and a half months at the end of this week. It was a bittersweet feeling, knowing that I wouldn't be in work for eight weeks. Six of which, I would be recovering from child birth.

I didn't really like not being able to work. Even though I would still be getting paid, I felt like I was being lazy. Odell would be out  busy with work while I'm laying around at home. At least I would be laying around with my baby.

Odell actually had a legit job. He owned a few gyms in Atlanta and surrounding areas. He loved fitness, so it would only make sense if he opened centers for it. He brings in a lot of money and it showed. Sometimes, too much. All he wears is designer. He buys it for me too but I don't wear it as much as he does. He even bought me designer maternity clothes, which I felt was highly unnecessary.

As soon as I stepped in, I noticed someone other than Atia at the front desk. I would definitely be calling her when I go on break. We worked the same days so it's not like she was off today.