Eight

This is a continuation of the last chapter...

What happened last chapter: August knows Niya is pregnant w/ someone else's baby. Out of anger, he snapped on Samaria for withholding the truth. Samaria & Odell are going on a date while the girls (Atia and Denita) hold down the household.

Samaria

"Girl, you look so good." Atia and Denita spoke in unison as I appeared into the living room. "Thanks girls. What about my hair?" I asked as I fluffed my big curls. "Everything is on point. I wouldn't let you cross that threshold if it wasn't." Atia confirmed that I actually did look good.

"I'm not nervous about how I look anymore, but my baby..." I trailed off. "We have him. You know I am certified in childcare." Denita said. She's been working in this daycare ever since she was allowed to work. I believe she really wanted kids. "You're right." I sighed, trying to relax. Only time I ever left my son was when I was at work and he was with Odell's mother. If it wasn't Odell or Heather, Odell's mom, it would be no one until today.

The doorbell rung causing me to instantly become confused. I looked over at the girls but they only shrugged. "Odell has a key." I shrugged as I made my way to the door. I pulled the door open expecting Odell but was surprised to see my mother standing there.

"Ugh, what do you want?" I groaned. At this point, I didn't care to show respect for this woman. "I wanted to speak with you." She weakly smiled.

"Well, speak. And make it quick, I have shit to do."

"You're forgetting who you're talking to. I'm still your mother. You will..." Before she could even get that R word out, I stopped her. "I know we aren't talking about respect when you tried to hurt me and my child, intentionally. Now, what do you want before I close this door. It's cold and my son is inside." I said, putting emphasis on "my son".

"That's why I dropped by. I purchased so many things for the baby and wasn't able to give them to you. You know, no matter what, I'm always gonna make sure my grandchild is straight." When she said this, I gave her that 'really nigga' face. "It's true." she said once she peeped the facial expression.

"Whatever. He's got plenty of things." I shooed her away, or at least tried to. "Wait, I'll bring them from my car. After this, I won't bother you anymore." She pleaded before running to her car and getting an excessive amount of bags out. She had them hanging off of her shoulders, her elbows, her hands were filled with them and they completely covered both of her forearms. I stepped aside so she could quickly drop them and go.

By the time she'd got done placing the bags on the floor, Odell had pulled into the driveway. "Thank you, mom. He may have not needed so many things but there's always a just in case." She quickly nodded her head like she didn't know what to say, so I spoke for her. "Just so you know, this doesn't mean you've bought my love. No matter how many purchases you make, that horrid situation will never be erased from my memory." She nodded before turning to leave. Odell stopped her before she could go any further.

"Hey, babe. What the hell is she doing  here?" He questioned, mugging her. "She was just-" I begun but my mom cut me off. "I can speak for myself, darling."

"I was dropping some things off for Baby Boy." She said, calling the baby by his nickname. "Thank you, but we don't need your shit." Odell said, looking over at the bags. He picked a few up at a time and tossed it to her. She only caught two of the three that he'd thrown.