Chapter 6: Center Stage

Chase's POV

*In the dream she's having*

I'm currently on stage at Magcon LA, and were all sitting on stage answering questions from fans. And now, it's my turn to answer a question.

"You love, near the front, what's your question?" I asked her smiling.

"Do you believe in paranormal things?" She asked me.

"Yes, actually. I think some things are real," I said uneasy.

I looked next to her to see a face I was hoping to never see again. Brandon, my ex-boyfriend, and the first guy i've ever dated.

"Hello Chase. Miss me?" He said in a twisted manor.

"No, why would I? You tried to hurt me..." I said, my voice wavering.

Hayes looked at me with a worried expression, then looked at Brandon, who had a twisted look on his face. He knew. I stood up and ran backstage, and when I turned around, all I saw was someone in a hooded black sweatshirt, then it all went black.

*End of dream*

I shot up in my bed and screamed, which in turn woke up Hayes.

"Chase what's wrong!?!" He said worried. Aww he's so sweet.

"I-I had a nightmare. About Magcon. M-my ex-boyfriend was there and h-he followed me backstage and knocked me out. then I-I woke up," I said, my voice faltering.

"Shhh. I'm here now it's gonna be okay," he said hugging me tightly.

This boy makes my heart happy. I don't know what it is about him that makes me so damn happy but just knowing that he's here for me in times like this is a great feeling. I looked at the clock which read 3 AM. Magcon is in 9 hours. The thing with a lot of my dreams though, is that they usually foreshadow something. It's happened to me before and I certainly hope that's not what's happening now.

"Hayes?" I said.

"Yes?"

"What if this actually happens? My life is going to be over and people will find out about me and-"

"No. I promise to protect you for as long as I live."

"Hayes... that's so sweet of you." I said while blushing wildly.

"I was going to wait until tonight to do this but I think now is better. Chase, I care so much about you. I'm not just saying this because your a.. mermaid. I'm saying it because if something were to happen I would go to the ends of the earth to protect you. So where I'm going with this is, Chase, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes Hayes, of course I will," I said looking through his bright blue eyes.

I looked at the time. 9am already?

"Lets get ready for Magcon Hayes."

"I don't wanna get up. Give me a kiss and I will," he said smirking.

"Okay," I said. I kissed him on the cheek and left to go take a shower.

"HEY!" He yelled to me.

"YOU NEVER SPECIFIED." I yelled back.

*AT MAGCON*

We were all now sitting on stage answering questions from the fans. I was seated between Hayes and Taylor, and Nash was next to Hayes. It was Taylor's turn to answer a question from a fan. A younger girl asked Taylor how many bandanas he has. I started laughing to myself. Like he even knows, theres too many to count.

"Thats a GREAT question," Taylor started off, "because I'd like to know the answer to that as well."

The crowd started laughing at Tay's smartass answer.

Then what happened next was what I saw in my dream.... Brandon. With a sick smile, he looked at me and mouthed, "I know who you are."

I leaned over to Hayes and whispered "I'll be right back."

"Okay."

I walked backstage and heard the voice I'd been dreading.

"Hello Chase. Did you miss me?" He said smirking.

"Not at all. What do you want?" I answered, annoyed.

"YOU"

And then my vision went black.

(A/N)

Heyyyyy Im so sorry that I havent updated, but THIS timeeee its a DOUBLE update to make up for not writing. Happy reading ;)

~H