Chapter 1

I was running. Because of the trouble I had recently gotten into due to these powers of mine, I was being chased by SCEPTER 4. I had been in situations like this before; but I had managed to eventually get away from them. This time, it was different. The streets of the city were almost completely empty, so it was impossible to blend into the crowd like usual. If I tried to hide somewhere and wait for them to pass, they would have easily noticed. Basically, I had to completely rely on luck to survive. There was always the possibility of a miracle, but I've never believed in those sorts of things. 

There was no hope. I couldn't keep running forever. Eventually, they would catch up to me. I couldn't remember the last time I had felt this scared. When all of this started, I honestly thought that I could keep running and running from SCEPTER 4 and one day they would give up and leave me alone. I finally realized the harsh reality, that they would always be after me in one way or another, and I'd never be able to live in peace...

"Hey, get out the way!"

I heard that voice from afar and a few moments later I saw a boy that looked a few years older than me drifting through the air on the skateboard he was riding and landing infront of me. He had an aura around him that was similar to that of the members of SCEPTER 4, but it was red instead of blue. He spread part of this aura on the ground to prevent the members of SCEPTER 4 that were chasing me from moving any further, and he quickly took my hand and we both ran. At first I was thinking about letting go, but I assumed that he wasn't an enemy. One thing that I did notice as we were running was the boy didn't look at me at all. I did think that this was strange, but in the end I didn't think anything of it as I'm not the kind of person who pays too much attention to detail.

After a while we stopped; while I was catching my breath I looked up to see where we were. We were infront of some sort of bar that I had never seen before, but I knew the name immediately. HOMRA.