Chapter 9- Miranda's POV

Chapter 9

“We have him on life support, it doesn’t look good.” The doctor explained to us, I was squished inbetween Liam and Louis, who, along with all the other guys had just gotten back from a press release.

“Is it safe to go in and talk to him?” I asked quietly. At this point the other boys had decided that I was strong enough to defend myself, and know how to handle this for myself. I know that they still watched over me like a hawk.

After what happened with James, I’d decided that I was tied to Harry in some weird way. I couldn’t let him go no matter what, and to be honest, right now, my future was not looking too bright.

I was facing two options regarding his death:

Be alone forever, blaming myself. Spending nights and days the same muted misery that had occured when I had left them the first time. I’d call myself the non married widow. And I’d live in constant horror of myself.

Give up completely and join Harry wherever he was going to be.

Option 2 sounded more attractive.

“Yes, but you’ve got to be careful, he’s really hooked up in there, and in quite a state.” I nodded silently and broke off from the boys. I walked into the room and pulled the covers off of Harry, then, avoiding all the tubes, wrapped my arms around him and just cried for a bit.

“I know you’re with me Harry, and I can’t live without you. So, please... please... Please.” I said softly. “If you go, I go.”

I thought about how it was two summers ago. The Beach. The day without power. The cave with candles. Everything was perfect, but it wasn’t what we were doing.

It was because we were together.

It was then that a golden glint caught my eye. Around his neck, a golden chain. I moved slowly, carefully untwisting the chain from his hair and finding the pendant. It was a little golden locket.

Yes, while it was odd that he would have a locket, and it was also a total invasion of privacy. I opened it up. On the direct inside there was a tiny inscription, it read, Love can move the heavens. Then on the other side, there was the smallest picture of Harry and I when we were at the beach. It was when we were reciting Romeo’s and Juliet’s lines. I hadn’t known this picture existed.

The water was coming up to my waist, I could remember exactly how cold it had been that had. Our hands laced, and we were looking at eachother like love could stop the world.

I looked down at my wrist, scars were fading from when I left them. I looked at his pale wrist, frale and held together by wires, he had matching scars.

I decided then and there that Harry was going to survive. We were going to be together. Live the life we were intended to have.

We wouldn’t be broken any longer.

We would be together.

We would fix each other.

And maybe, for the second time in our lives, we’d be happy.

The body next to me suddenly jerked forward. He took a deep breath.

“LOUIS!” I shouted, jumping out of the bed.

“Holy shit. It’s you.” Harry said, facing me.