To the Stars and Back

"Many centuries ago-"

"You forgot, 'Once upon a time'" corrected a small blonde girl who couldn't be more than 6 or 7 years old.

"Fine," I sighed, "Once upon a time, many centuries ago the rulers of the sky, made by stars, known as constellations-" I stopped myself remembering that I was talking to little kids, "Who knows what a constellation is?"

The small blonde girl shot her hand up and wiggled her arm desperately, I smiled and nodded in her direction. "They're like connect the dots in the sky." She said matter-of-factly.

"That's right, but what a lot of people don't know is that they're alive. There are-" I was cutoff by a boy sitting more towards the front. "Isn't there a dragon one?" He asked

"Actually, there is, his name is Draco," by now all the kids were interested as I told the all the stories I know about Draco. They're all leaning forward, wide eyes, and some with their mouths hanging open just a bit.

"This doesn't sound like the story you were assigned to read the children Ms.Davis" came a stern voice behind me.

"Well, Mrs.P-"

"Mrs.Pilla" she corrected rather annoyed.

"Mrs.Pilla, I thought maybe the kids woul-" I was, once again, cutoff by a beeping sound coming from Mrs.P's watch and I smirked at her, "Well would you look at the time, 4:00 already? Geez time flies when your dying of boredom- I mean having fun." I grabbed my bag and walked towards the door of the school and town library.

Behind me I herd her angry, annoyed,band high pitched voice, "I want you back here tomorrow Mrs.Davis!"

Mrs.P is really nice, and I used to get along great with her when I was little. Then I hit middle school and we both started giving each other attitude until eventually we were mortal enemies. Unfortunately I have to volunteer at the library after school as a 'punishment' for skipping school. They think it bothers me having to stay there two hours everyday, but honestly I'd rather be there than stuck in detention for the entire summer.

"SCAR!SCARLET!SCAR WAIT UP!" I looked around to see my friends running towards me.

Austin and Jack, the sneaky, mischievous, twins who were identical and almost impossible to tell apart. Both had the same light brown hair, bright green eyes, and smirk plastered on their face that almost warned you they were constantly up to something. The freckles that washed over their face like a sea of stars were placed in the same place on each twin's face, and if you looked close enough you could almost see...

Then there's Rose, the smart, shy, and most innocent out of all of us, but once you get to know her she can be real smart ass. She has dark brown hair that goes a little below her shoulder, caramel brown eyes, and is little but short for someone on her way high school. Rose always wears her hair down, especially around her right ear because of a birthmark under her ear that is kind of shaped like...

Finally, there's Karter, he's probably the most 'popular' out of all of us, but that doesn't stop him from being best friends with the 'unpopulars' and I think that's what I love most about him. He's pretty athletic, he has dirty blond hair, piercing blue eyes like nobody's ever seen, and although he tries not to act like it he can be VERY shy. Karter also has a mark that snakes its way his torso on onto his chest that looks a lot like...

We've all been best friends since elementary school, but Karter and I were friends even before that. Karter and I are neighbors, just like Rose and the twins but they live two blocks away. We've all been inseparable since the time we met, and now we've grown even closer after we found out about the secret we share.