They're at it Again

We all opened our eyes slowly and looked around and took in the beautiful view that we only got once a month. Looking around us there's stars, the small shining orbs barley the size of your finger tip and so bright no human could look straight at them without having their eyes burnt out of their sockets, literally.The misty black air around us was cool and fresh, below us were clouds, damp, soft, and dark clouds.

We were all still in the circle we had traveled in and we all stared blankly around us until Rose gasped slightly and her eyes closed tightly. We all knew what was happening and we all leaned closer to her, waiting for her to tell us what Lupus is telling her. She gasped again as she opened her eyes quickly. You could see the small points forming in her teeth and the golden sneezing its way into her eyes.

"There's trouble," she said, worry plastered on her face, "they're trying to steal it."

"It's been so many centuries though why go through it again? Why now?" Karter asked desperately.

"We don't know yet. All I know right now is that the five of us now have a job, a big one." we all leaned forwards listening to her closely, "We have to find more that are like us, as many as we can." she said, her eyes now a full golden and her teeth all in perfect points, her hands clenching and her nails sharpening with all the tension of the situation and being up here.

She wasn't the only one, Karter's eyes were turning green, small shiny outlines of scaled washed over his arms and a low rumble came from deep within his chest. Austin face was stony and you could see all the years in his eyes and Jack's face was growing with more and more power and you could muscles popping out of his scrawny body.

I could feel it too, I feel my eyes slanting slightly, my teeth shrink and sharpen and my irises burning as they changed to hazel instead of their deep brown color.

"We will discuss this more later." came Austin's deep voice.

We all stood and did what we usually do on full moons when we're up here in the night sky. Karter, now a 10 foot dragon with green scaled, red spikes decorating his back, and golden wings spread out wide, snaked his way deeper into the night air. Rose, now a wolf with piercing golden eyes, bright white fangs, and black fur pounced into the mist. The twins, now looked much older, Austin looked wiser and Jack looked bolder, they both yelled into the night at the top of their lungs and charged into a wandering cloud.

I felt my body change as my body turned into the lynx. My senses now on overdrive. I looked around at the bright stars in different shapes and colors. All I could think about was the situation we were in, it's enough to make a girl cry, who would want to steal this beauty and burn it up? Also, how are we supposed to find more people like us, we're NOT that easy to find, it was just dumb luck that brought the five of together, but finding more? I searched my mind hard wondering if I had ever felt different around someone or if someone acted different around me, any sign that someone might possibly be one of us?

I looked up at the moon and studied one particular star, smaller than most that I've seen but still brighter than the others around it. There was a slight burning sensation and I felt like the wind was knocked out of me as I quickly sat up in Karter's room. Rose looked at me with dread and we both stayed silent as we waited for the boys to come back. Once they arrived, also looking pretty bad, we started discussing.

"Rose we're going to need all of the books you have, ALL of them" Jack instructed, "Scarlet we need all of your charms, Karter you probably have the best senses out of all of us, so stay alert at all times for enemies and allies, Austin you need to try and remember as much as you can from the last war, I'm getting as much protection as we need. Everyone get sleep because we're working hard tomorrow to figure this out." he finished. We all nodded in agreement and lasted down even though we all took about another half hour of twisting and turning before we actually fell into an unsteady sleep in Karter's huge living room.

-------------------------------------

So there's a lot of things in this chapter that are going to be explained more in the next few chapters:) I hope you enjoyed, ALSO read CCfuncat's story The Mermaids Bracelet, its realllyyyy good and Elizabeth is based off of me, so be sure to read it!!