Speed & 「Beauty」Part 2

April's POV

"How do I look?" Mira asked. I looked her up and down and smiled.
"As gorgeous as ever," I tell her honestly.
She was wearing a light pink dress with a diamond belt. She looked absolutely stunning in it.
I looked at Ari and she was equally stunning, in her silver dress with a fluffy bottom.
I'd say the same about J but she was still in the bathroom doing her makeup.
I looked in the mirror and smiled. I looked decent. Enough to get me by anyway.
J walked out of the bathroom and twirled for us.
We laughed at her childish actions. 
"Excuse me, all ladies attending the ball— good luck! And we have a little surprise waiting for you at the ball," the lady said from the speaker.
--------------------------------------------
*That dude on spongebob's voice*
Two hours later....

"Ladys, please start lining up to enter the ball, I repeat, Ladys, please start lining up to enter the ball," the lady says through the speaker.
We all grab our wallets and leave. As we get in line I realise we had to be pretty damn slow to be at the back of the line.
"Hey Adee did you get your phone?" Ari asked me. I shook my head 'no'.
"You need it," J says," to show them the invitation."
I mutter a quick,"damnit," and run back to our room.
Finding the room, I slide the key in, and push the door open.
Looking on the bed, I smile. No treasure hunt this time....
I pick up my phone and run back to the now, nonexistent line.
Wanting to feel like Cinderella— I open the doors slowly, I strut down the stairs meeting each and everyone's eyes—enjoying the way their jaws dropped. Surprised Bitch?
Wait, if their surprised... did they seriously expect me to dress in booty shorts and a crop top?
Meeting the girls at the bottom of the stairs, they laugh at my attempt to be like Cinderella.
"Really Adee? I don't think Cinderella sticks up the middle at half the people staring at her." J says, I shrug to that. "Maybe, maybe not." Is my genius reply.
"Nor does she look smugly at everyone," Ari adds.
"Of course not, I'm a one of a kind Cinderella." I tell her.
"Right..." Mira,J, and Ari say together.
I grab Mira's hand and pull her towards the dance floor.
This music is so lame... I run towards the DJ and give him my phone.
"Sorry miss, I—"
I cut him off," just put the damn thing on," I impatiently tell him. He gives up and plugs it in.
Almost immediately, Milkshake by Kelis comes on. My song.
I once again, grab Mira's hand and pull her towards the dance floor.
We jump and pump our fists in the air.
We dance like that for a couple songs then get tired and go to sit on a bar stool. The bartender asks me what I want and I sneeze. (Not big/just a lil kitten sneeze)
He chuckles, " bless you, and I recommend red wine. It takes all the stress away." I nod my head and he gets me a wine glass.
I drink it all in one gulp and raise my hand for another one.
The bartender gets the message, and refills my wine glass. It goes like that until I'm 100% drunk. I slide off the barstool and stand still for a little bit to regain my balance.
I look around for a chair and finding one, I sit down on it.
"Alright ladies, your surprise has arrived!" The lady on the stage says. The women immediately start clapping and yelling.
The ball doors open and parents start filing in.
I looked around everywhere but I couldn't find daddy. I immediately go sober.
This tall man in a guards uniform, hands me a letter and walks away.
I open the letter and start reading.

Dear Adele Dree,

You father has recently passed. The stress of everything finally took over him and he hung himself, a ferret was found with him. We believe he's yours so you should be given him in time. Sorry for your loss.

,The Council

The tears stream down my face, in realisation. I'll never see daddy again. The same guard comes back.
"This was just delivered." He says, and walks away.
I pick up the box he set down and open it. Amor.
I get him out of the box and hold him tight. Not 2 tight. Ari,Mira, and J all come out and once they see me crying, they run towards me.
"What's wrong?" Ari asks.
I pass them the letter and they read it.
"Oh honey..." Mira says and they all hug me, tears streaming down their faces as well. Daddy was like an uncle to them.
"So you regained custody of Amor? What will you do?" J asks. I nod my head at the first question and shrug my shoulders at the second.
"Not like I can leave the games." I mutter.
We all stand up a while after.
Instead of going back to the ball, we go to the kitchen to get ice cream and cookies.  Our type of mourning.
We go up to Ari and I's room and make a pillow bed for Amor, but instead he snuggles into me. First we change into some pjs then we put The Notebook on and lean on each others shoulders. I missed this...
___________________________
Sorry guys, I feel like this was rushed but I'm not quite sure how to fix that.

Lots of Hugs,
Dori❤️✌🏻️