Chapter 12 - The Almost Reveal

One person left a comment so as promised here's chapter 12 :)

Today was the day of the interview. Niall texted me to tell me they were going to start it in a few minutes. My heart was racing. I knew nothing would change, I mean, no one would know it was me yet. They would just know that Niall had a girlfriend from America and her name was Amy. So many people fit that description that I really didn’t have anything to worry about….yet.

                “And now we’re back with One Direction!” The host announced.

They went through a few normal questions like When is the next album coming out? What’s the craziest thing a fan has done? Which city have you enjoyed being in the most? I could tell that Niall was being quiet. I knew he normally was but it was even more than usual. Then the inevitable question came.

                “So all the young ladies are wondering…Who’s still available?” The host said with a knowing smile. They must have told him to ask that question.

                Harry and Liam put their hands up.

                “Louis and Zayn,” He addressed the two of them, “Still with Eleanor and Perrie I’m assuming?”

                “Yes, and very happy.” Louis responded.

                “Yeah, still going strong.” Zayn said with a smile.

                “But Niall, this is new, isn’t it?” The host brought his attention back to Niall who was smiling wide.

                “Yes, very new. She’s wonderful.”

                “Does this she have a name?” The man probed.

                “Amy.” All the boys were smiling encouragingly at Niall who was blushing.

                “And does everyone else approve of this girl? What’s she like?” I could tell the interviewer was trying to get them to say something that would give away who I was.”

                “She’s great.” Liam piped up. I blushed even though no one was near me. “A really good person.”

                “Funny too.” Louis added with a smirk. “One of her friends was sick so we recorded a video for her and she wrote alternative lyrics to one of our songs called ‘Heart Attack” for us to sing. They were great.”

                “Could we get a little preview of that?” The host was excited that he got some exclusive information out of the boys.

“And I’m like (Achoo) never thought it’d spread so quick

Because of you-oo

And (Achoo) you’re giving me a sneeze attack

Coughing like you do-oo

Cause you’re using all the tissues

Thought you could spare a few

It’s (Achoo) giving me a sneeze attack

I hope it’s not the flu-uu”

The boys sang the rendition. The audience cheered when it ended. I must admit I was proud of myself. I had come up with that in like ten minutes and people seemed to actually like it. Although, they may have just been clapping because they got to hear the guys sing.

“Best of luck to you and Amy, Niall.” The host moved on to other things concerning the boys and I started to relax a little. It was done, well, sorta. Suddenly my phone began ringing. It was Jen. I hadn’t exactly told her about Niall and I. I was pretty sure she wouldn’t be able to keep the secret.

“Hey, Jen.”

“OH. MY. GOD. Why didn’t you tell me!?” she basically screeched into the phone. She probably figured it out because she watched the video the guys and I sent to her pretty much every single day.

“I thought it’d be more exciting for you if you found out this way.” I lied a little. “You do realize that you were just mentioned on TV in a One Direction interview, right?”

“Ohmygod, I didn’t even think of it like that! Ohmygod, Amy!”

“But Jen, listen, you can’t tell anyone okay. We’re waiting to let people know who I actually am until school gets out. Can you promise me?” I really hoped I could trust her with this.

“Of course, Amy. To know something that no other directioners know is like a blessing.” Oh thank god was all I could think.

“I’ve gotta go, Niall’s trying to Skype me.” I told her.

“OMG how can you just say that so casually!? Niall Freaking Horan is Skype calling you! Like that’s big news.” She said incredulously.

“I know!” I laughed, for me it was exciting because I could talk to my boyfriend, “I’ve gotta go, see you at school tomorrow!”

I answered the call.

“Hi, Niall!”

“Amy! We did it! It’s official.” Niall sounded almost as excited as Jen did.

“I know! You guys were all so sweet. Tell the guys I say thanks for making me sound like a much better person than I am, okay?”

“They only said the truth.” I blushed at that, “Besides just tell them yourself, they’re all right here.” He turned the camera around so I could see Harry, Liam, Zayn, and Louis.

“Hey guys!”

“Amy!” They chorused.

“Thanks for, y’know, making me sound awesome.” I was much more comfortable talking to the guys now that had spoken with them a few times.

“It took a lot of work, but I think we convinced them well enough.” Louis joked.

“Oh thanks, you’re so kind, Louis.” I scowled.

“But seriously, Amy, we can’t wait till you can come on tour in a few weeks.” Zayn said.

“Me neither!” I still couldn’t believe that my mom had said that I could. I was going to be with them for two weeks and then home for one week and then back with them for another two. I couldn’t wait.

The camera turned back to Niall. “Paul is telling us we have to go. Sorry.” Niall frowned. “Talk to you soon! I don’t know if I’ll be able to wait 3 more weeks to see you.”

“Just a bit longer and then you’ll have to deal with me for two weeks straight. Treasure the freedom while you still have it.” I warned him.

“Sure thing, Jax.” Niall laughed, “See you later.” And with that he was gone.

Only three weeks of stressful finals and boredom away from two weeks of heaven. I could do this. Maybe. Probably not. Ughgh this was going to be along three weeks. I need to pass time as quickly as possible. The internet is usually pretty good at that.

I logged onto Tumblr and figured I’d see how people are responding to the news. There were a lot of “OH. MY. GOD. NIALL HAS A GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!! I REPEAT, NIALL HAS A GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!” A lot of people wanted to know who I was and people were digging up pictures of Niall and guessing who I was. It was quite funny because none of them were true. Then there were all the people who thought it was management. A bunch of conspiracy theories that I was hired, or even that I didn’t exit were already floating around.

The most annoying thing was the people that were already hating on me. They didn’t even know what I looked like. Literally all they knew about me was my name.

“Amazing.” I sighed.

Then I went to look at Niall’s twitter which was also blown up with the news. A lot of the same things were being said there but there was a lot more hate pointed towards Niall. I couldn’t believe what some of the girls were saying. It was horrible. But then I noticed a lot of really sweet things. People wishing Niall and me good luck and hoping we were happy. The tweets that outnumbered every single other kind were ones like “Who is Amy? “What does she look like?” “How did you meet?”

I grew antsy again as I thought about how long it would be until they actually knew. Time for some food to calm my nerves.