Are you sure?

Scene VI

The curtain slides open.

This fateful day we are venturing into a coffee shop.No it's not one of Mia and Aarush's date that we are looking into.It's way too heated here!

Mrs Verma : I think it's time we part our ways.

Mr Verma : Are you saying that we get a divorce?

Mrs Verma : Precisely.Mia is right,we gotta stop pretending that everything is okay.

Mr Verma : Yeah and that's the reason!

Mrs Verma : Oh then what is it,according to you?

Mr Verma : Well,you want that permanent income that comes with a divorce,ofcourse.

Mrs Verma : You know what earlier divorce was a suggestion,but now I fucking want to get rid of you,anyhow!

Mr Verma : I'll gladly let you go!

The waiter enters.

The waiter : Ma'am your coffee.

Mrs Verma : Thankyou dear.

The waiter exits.

Mr Verma : You realise he's half your age!

Mrs Verma : You realise I was being polite.

Mr Verma : Whatever,I'm getting out of here.

Mrs Verma : Sit down right here.Tell me by when will you be able to process the papers?

Mr Verma : I'll get it done in a day.

Mrs Verma : I'm glad.

Mr Verma exits.

Mrs Verma : Did this just happen?Are we really done? For years he cheated on me but for years he has buried my secrets in him.And now,the one we did this all for is the one tearing us apart.Is Mia the reason behind all this? Am I?

After her heart-to-heart conversation with herself,she breaks down.Right in the middle of  the café,with twenty eyes staring at her.But right now,she was not Mrs Verma.She was a girl who just lost her love.

Scene VII

Meanwhile,what was going on with Mr.Verma?

His car was practically flying across the street.He was furious! Or maybe he just thought he was as the only emotion he has allowed himself to feel all these years is anger.

Mr Verma(to himself) : Did I not give her enough? Why does she also want to take a divorce,now.Fucking bitch,she wants to take everything away from me.She already takes away a chunk of my wealth and now she wants to rob my daughter of a mother too!

And suddenly,he grabs his phone and dials a call.

Mr Verma : Yeah,hi Raj.Do you wanna take up my case?

Raj : Sir,your case? I mean,I just started out!

Mr Verma : I know,son.But I really want you to take this up.I don't want anyone else in this.

Raj : Is something wrong?

Mr Verma : We're filling for a divorce.

Raj : What,really? Oh God,I'm so sorry.I'll take it up if you want me to though I must say I've only just worked on three cases as of yet.

Mr Verma : And you've won all of them.You're  not only my friend's son,dear,you're my son too.

Raj : I know,sir.You've always treated me like your own kid.I'll sure help you out.This is the least I can do.

Mr Verma : Thankyou,Raj.

He puts down the phone.

Mr Verma(to himself) :Ah, your mere presence will be enough to break her down,Raj.You don't know who you are.You don't know who you belong to.

Another gamble of the riches.Oh thy mighty,what trickery consumes us?