Meeting The Vermas.

Scene III
The curtain is lifted.
And we dive into another mayhem.The workplace of Mr.Verma urf Mia's daddy dearest.

Mr Verma : What's wrong?Why are you in such a hurry?

The Secretary : Mrs Verma is on her way upstairs.The footage plays a minute back.She must already be...

Mrs Verma : Oh,Sophie dear.You don't need to worry.I know all about my husband's doing.Doesn't kill me anymore.

Sophie : I'll leave madam.

Sophie leaves.

Mr Verma : Why did you have to bother her like that?

Mrs Verma : Oh yeah,why? She was just having sex with my husband on his office table.

Mr Verma : And that's new to you?

Mrs Verma : I'm afraid not.But somehow,it still stings.I must be crazy in love with you.

Mr Verma : The only thing you're crazy in love with is my money and my stature.

Mrs Verma : Yeah that and your infidelity,and your angry outbursts,and your drunken state,and your criminal record.

Mr Verma : Don't you dare mention these sort of things in my office!

Mrs Verma : Oh don't worry I know you have a mask to live up to.

Mr Verma : If you're done with the drama can you come to the point?

Mrs Verma : I brought you lunch.

Mr Verma : Yeah,right.

Mrs Verma : No really.Looky this bottle of poison ain't tempting?

Mr Verma : You're crossing your goddamn boundaries!

Mrs Verma : Oh I'm not the only one,am I?

Mr Verma : Get out of my office.

Mrs Verma : I surely will; once I get my money.

Mr Verma : YOUR MONEY?

Mrs Verma : My money.The money my boutique made.The money you squandered on your champagne.

Mr Verma : And the bitch counts every penny.I'll call up the accountant,you can collect your cash from there.

Mrs Verma : Well,I should've just married him.

Mr Verma : If only you would've,it would have saved us both a lot of trouble.

Mrs Verma : Aw honey,don't be sour.You needed me just as much as I needed you.

Mr Verma : Ah at that moment,yes.If only I had known you were a money-minded parasite.

Mrs Verma : Oh don't start counting your regrets.You'll run out of numbers.

Mr Verma : And you don't start counting your bills,darling.

Mrs Verma : Ah,I leave them to you as a reminder of my existence.

Mr Verma : You don't have to do all that,sweety.Your nagging presence at my home is overwhelming.

Mrs Verma : I seek no pleasure staying at that godforsaken place! I stay for my children.

Mr Verma : So do I,sweetheart.

Mrs Verma : Oh don't even get me started.Your scrawny ass doesn't give two shits about our children.

Mr Verma : Oh really? And you're telling me you love Mia?

Mrs Verma : She might not be my kid but I love her just as much.She has been my pillar all through.

Mr Verma : You don't have to keep up your pretense with me.

Mrs Verma : Yeah,and hence I can freely say I am disgusted by your sheer presence.

Mr Verma : You can leave,now.

Mrs Verma : Yeah,you have to continue your meeting,afterall.

Mr Verma : And finally,you get it!

Mrs Verma exists.
Not a spelling error.She leaves but she exists.Stuck there in that moment.The two of them have been in circles since they took their pheres.*

Mr Verma : Sophie,you can come in now.

Sophie : Sir,your wife knows about all this?

Mr Verma : It doesn't matter.

Sophie : She was crying when she left.

Mr Verma : And that's your concern?

Sophie : No,sir.

Mr Verma : Just leave.I'll call you back.

Sophie : Okay,sir.

Mr Verma(to himself) : Whay the hell? Why was she crying now? She never really loved me.Why does it matter now?

*pheres : are a part of the rituals of marriage in hinduism.