Foolish

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 16: Foolish

Lucy managed to return home before it grew dark. The crickets chirping away as the rushing of the waterfall could be heard, Lucy rested against her couched as she stared up to the ceiling with her brows furrowed in thought.
The travel to Kinglier Point had resulted to a major pain in the ass for the blonde. Not expecting something like that to happen all at once, she sighed as she kicked her legs childishly in agitation.

"This is so annoying!" she groaned before stopping to listen to the nature's alluring sounds outside. Hearing the clock on the wall tick by, she closed her eyes before hearing someone place something in front of her on the coffee table.

Confused and not knowing who it was, Lucy opened her eyes to meet them with Loke's in front. Looking down to the plate containing a few sandwiches, she looked up where her spirit pointed down to it firmly. "You need to eat Lucy. You've been out of it for roughly two hours already and we're worried about your health," he instructed as she sat up to rest her elbows on her knees.

"Do you think joining a guild is a good thing?" she whispered where he froze in his spot. The girl frowning, she sighed. "That's what Sakura and Rogue suggested. I mean, why must they suggest that?" she continued.

Loke's eyes looking around, he shrugged his shoulders as he ignored the memories of him pleading Sakura to find her a guild that she could join. "That's your choice my princess. Whatever you decide on, we'll follow," he said before remembering something. "Though, if you do join a guild, then you'll be able to earn some money again," he stated where she looked up to him.

"Yeah... That works too. Maybe I should move on and get back to the guild life..." she replied before the ground rumbled, making them get up in disturbance as they looked around the house.
Both of them looking at each other, they nodded their heads in unison as they began to slowly creep to the front door. The blonde opening it, she gasped when a large crater was seen with a humongous boulder in the middle that was possibly taken from the cliffs.

Her eyes wide, they both looked around where a man came walking towards their direction and stood in front of the boulder as if he'd won the lottery. Her eyes glaring towards him, he chuckled as he folded his arms. "Why Miss Heartfilia... Glad to see you after hearing so much about you," he beamed as he threw his arms into the air.

Body tensed; she gritted her teeth. "Who are you?" she questioned before he flashed a smile. "Why did you forget? I certainly haven't forgotten our first meeting last night," he stated where she froze for a few seconds and took a step back.

"You're those nasty bastards that ganged up on us," Loke snarled as he sensed the animals surrounding them slowly retreating where a few glowing eyes were seen watching everything unfold.

His focus on the man in front of them, he knew that Sakura was watching them through the eyes of those wolves whose eyes pierced through the dark shadows that hid them from the man's sight. "Leave this place, we have nothing to do with you guys," he continued where the man boomed a shrill cry of laughter.

"Since when were you the one to command me?!" the man laughed before wiping away a fake tear. All jokes gone; his muscles rippled through his skin. "Come with me Miss Heartfilia, we have a proposition with you, in relations to that boy you oh-so adore back in your old guild," he said as Loke slowly pushed her back behind him.

Lucy scowling, she took in steady breaths. "You have nothing to do with me," she said.

The man with the open jacket chuckled before he smirked. It soon dropped when he noted how serious and calm she was acting while he was standing there. "I do actually, I just told you why I'm here so are you deaf or just plain stupid? I told you already, we have a proposition," he stated where she balled her fists, digging her nails into her palms.