Chapter 16

Back in camp, we sought out the Alphas to tell them what had happened. We found them outside their own cabin, talking to each other.

"I don't think that they'll be a problem right now. Just give them time, and hopefully they'll figure themselves out," Adrian told us, once we finished.

"Okay," I answered, agreeing for now.

"On to other things, have you thought about your bonding ceremony?"

Jayden answered for me. "We've talked about it, but haven't decided when to have it. Nix still has to get more used to our world and culture."

"Of course, that's completely normal. Just let me know when you've decided." Adrian smiled.

"Do we need to do that bonding thing soon?" I asked as we walked away, not going anywhere, just walking.

"It's not on the need-to-do-right-now list yet, but we should start thinking about it a little bit. I know you don't want to do it right away."

"Yeah, but it's mostly because of the whole bite thing. Couldn't we have half of our bond completed, the mental part, but wait for the soul part?"

"If you would like to, we could do that." He smiled.

"Would it help you? Like with the touching thing?"

"It would help, a little." My prince admitted.

"Then we can do that soon." I smiled at him.

"Definitely," he nodded. "How about Friday?"

"Sure." Today was Tuesday, so it gave us a few days to get ready.

_________________

"Don't forget to do your part. It may seem like you just have to stand there, but you do have to say your words." Lily was advising me. Friday was here, finally. Jayden had been antsy ever since I told him I would bond - halfway - with him.

"I know, and I won't forget." I told her.

"Okay, it's time." She started walking along the path between people. I waited a few seconds and started walking behind her. Bonding ceremonies were different than weddings; I walked alone, and I didn't wear white. I was wearing a calf-length, bright blue dress that brought out my dark eyes. Thankfully, I wasn't in heels, or I'd fall over. I was wearing black flats instead.

I looked down the aisle and saw my mate, my other half watching me with a smile. I smiled back, finally standing next to him.

Ours, Ash told me. He is ours, and we are his.

Yes, Ash, that's true, I answered.

"Wolves of Blaze, we have gathered as a pack today for the bonding of two mates. Jayden, son of the Alphas, and Phoenix, daughter of Stephen and Isabelle, Queen of the Underground." Adrian announced. "Jayden, are you willing to be bound to her by body, by mind, and by soul, forever?"

"Of course." Jayden answered, easily.

"And Phoenix, are you willing to bind your body, your mind, and your soul to Jayden, forever?"

"Yes, I am." I told my new Alpha.

"Then you are now bound by body. Your mental bond should have come forward. Speak through minds, and your bond shall be almost complete. For now, the ceremony is over. The rest is up to you." With those words, the entire pack disappeared back to camp, leaving us alone in the woods.

"Princess?"

"What?" I asked Jayden.

"I spoke to you in your mind. Just imagine me and a cord stretched between us. Then send whatever words you want to say along that cord. Eventually, we should be able to just hear each other's thoughts without imagining the cord, but for now, it'll have to do."

"My prince?" I imagined the cord as I was told.

"Yes?" He answered through the bond. When he responded to me, I felt something run through me, like a chill, but warm.

"What was that?"

"That was our bond being completed. Well, mostly anyway." Jayden told me.

We smiled at each other, happy with the fact that our bond was nearly complete. It wasn't going to be fully completed for a while, but at the moment, this was enough.

Crow likes me, and I like him. Ash informed me.

That's good, since we're bound to each other. For a loong time.

Which is good, for both of us. It makes us stronger.

"Our bond makes us stronger," Jayden said, right after Ash.

"You just repeated Ash's words exactly."

"It's true, and our wolves understand that as much as we do."

"I love you," I told him.

"I love you, too," he said, deciding to answer aloud.