Fall

I woke up to the sound of indistinct radio chatter. I looked around and realized that I was still inside of the police car. A quick glance at my watch told me that I hadn't been asleep for very long. Strangely, the officer wasn't in the car. I was stuck. There was no way of getting to the front, and the back doors had no handles. After screaming for help for roughly twenty minutes, I realized I had been abandoned. This left me with only one option. I got on my back and kicked the window as hard as I could. After a few tries, the glass finally shattered. I covered the shards with my black denim coat and rolled out of the window.

"Hello?" I said. I circled the car a few times but I didn't find anything. The car was parked in a cul-de-sac. The sun was starting to get low, so I pulled out my phone and dialed my mom's number. The call didn't go through. How could there be no service here? I started walking over to one of the houses when I noticed something odd. The trunk was opened, and the floor around it was littered with shotgun shells. Used shotgun shells. A chill ran down my spine. I didn't like this. I rang the doorbell a couple of times, but no one answered.

"Hello? Is anyone home?" I asked. After waiting for a good two minutes, I gave the door a slight nudge. To my surprise, it actually opened. I walked into the house and looked around. Nothing really seemed off, until I looked down. On the ground about three feet away from me was the bloodied corpse of the officer. A billion questions were running through my mind right now. All I could hope for was that this was a very, very bad dream.