Chapter 8

- Mathew -

When Kenji left I finally understood how he felt, he didn't leave for months unlike me but the fact he walked away not even saying a word to me, his eyes just filled with anger and depression ... shows how much he hates me. How much I hurt him.

And thats what I was afraid of.

I know it may not seem like it, after I just got up and left but I do still care about him and I still love him. I would always want to call but I never thought it was worth the effort. I knew he wouldn't want to talk to me. So why would I bother? I never knew what to say.

I heard Kenji's mom sigh as soon he ran back inside. The other person he was sitting with then approached us, he was tall, about my height and probably my age, skinny but obviously has some muscle but who the hell was he?

"Matt, I'm gonna go talk to Kenji, you can take your stuff up to the loft in the barn, I'll be up there in a minute." And then she walked off with out another word following her son back into the house.

When I turned to Larissa's truck to get my duffle bag from the back, I felt eyes burning a whole into the back of my head. I don't know this guy but I can already tell I'm not going to like him.

"What?" I snapped at him when I turned to see his eyes watching me.

He smirked and stepped down off the porch and towards me. "You know them? I never once heard your name mentioned around here." He said to me in a cocky tone.

"I used to work here. That was a long time ago."

"Obviously Kenji's not happy your here, maybe you should just go back to where you came from. What happened with you two anyways?" His attitude was pissing me off, acting like He's better then everyone with that stupid sarcastic cocky tone he talks in.

"What happened with me and Kenji has nothing to do with you." I said angrily through gritted teeth. I don't know who this guy thinks he is, but he if brings up Kenji one more time I might not be able to stop my urge from attacking him. And if I find out he may possibly be Kenji's new "boyfriend" it would make it even better.

He has every right to move on from me but I couldn't stand to see him with another guy, especially not one like him.

"Right, right, as to why he never mentioned you." He took a seat on the bottom step of the deck, still with eyes glued to mine. A cocky look plastered on his face.

"Why are you here anyways?" I questioned him.

"I was hired about eight months ago to be a stable hand. My names Drake but, seeing as you won't be staying long, not like it matters to you."

"I have just one thing to say to you." I said dropping my bag and walking up to him. "You stay the fuck away from Kenji, if I catch you anywhere near him you better pray."

I heard him chuckle to him self but not looking to start a fight with the stupid new stable hand, I grabbed my bag and headed towards the barn.

First, Kenji hates me, and now I have to worry about some stupid prick named Drake. Whether he just works for them or he has something going for Kenji, I will make sure he stays the fuck away from him at all costs.

I'm getting Kenji back.