Chapter 1- Newbies

I was watching Teen Wolf, crying my eyes out, on my leather couch untill I heard a horn honk from outside. I knew exactly who that is.

My best friend Karly.

She ran into my house, letting the giant burgundy door bang againt the wall behind it. She was huffing and puffing, out of breath. She looked happy and mad at the same time.

"Did... You.. See. The. New. People??" She asked out of breath.

"Huh?" I asked confused. I wiped away my tears. If your woundering why I'm crying, It's because I'm watching reruns of Teen Wolf and I just watched Allison die.

She ran up to me and grabbed my hand. She pulled me off the very comfortable couch and pushed me towards the door and out. Even though I was only in my bra and yoga pants.

She turned my head to look straight across the street to see people moving into the house. I saw all boys at first but then a short girl came out of the black Cadillac. She has long light brown hair with bangs that went over to the side and she was wearing black skinny jeans and purple high heels and a purple shirt that read "Love is for Losers". She was stunning.

My eyes wandered off towards a man walking out of the front door.

He wore black skinny jeans and a white t-shirt that was covered by a black leather jacket. He had black hair that covered his eyes somewhat. I couldn't tell his eye color from this distance. But the word "hot" or "sexy" doesn't even begin to describe what he was. He looked to be about 6'3.

He was on the phone with someone and he seemed pretty pissed. He hung up the phone madly. He looked up and straight into my eyes.

I thought I saw his expression change into a happy one but it was gone as quick as it came.

I then remembered that I was only in my bra. I felt my cheeks turn bright red and I turned away and started walking back inside.

"Hey! Whats up! He was totally checking you out! And he's super hot!!" She smiled brightly when we got inside.

"Ugh, no. Even if he was, I can't deal with relationships right now. Or any boys for that matter."

"Sky. You need to get out there and date again." She sighed and sat down on my couch.

I sat next to her and said "No. I don't."

She thought for a minute and then smirked her evil smirk that she does when she has a evil plan that usally gets us both in trouble. Which even though it gets us in trouble, her plans are always fun.

"Oh no. You better not." I warned her when it clicked in my head of what she was going to do.

"Uh oh. I guess I better introduce myself to the new neighbors. Don't ya think we should?" She acted innocently.

Before I could say anything, she ran out the door. I ran after her but before running down the front steps, I turned around real quick and grabbed a random shirt that was on the coat stand.

I ran outside again while putting it on.
She ran up onto their driveway before she was stopped by a cute boy with blonde, short hair.

I finally caught up to her.

"Hey beauty, what you doin here?" He said to Karly.

She snorted. "I don't date 15 year olds." She said and looked at another boy that was looking at her admiringly.

"May I help you?" A deep voice says from on the porch. I look up and see him. The sexy beast from before. He was staring right at me with some sexy but mysterious eyes. I could now tell what color they were. A deep blue that I could for sure, lose myself in.

"Yes. You may. I just wanted to introduce myself and Sky. We're your neighbors. I'm Karly. And single. This is Skylar. Also single." She winked at him.

I rolled my eyes and started walking away but before I could, the sexy beast stood in front of me. I was surprised he could move so fast that my jaw dropped.

"Aren't you going to introduce yourself?" He whispered in my ear. His breath fanned my face and it smelled amazing. He smelt amazing. I just wanted to grab him and hug him so hard and never let go.

"She just did." I said with a proud tone. I can't let anyone in. No matter how hot, or nice or whatever. I can't. If anything, I will play hard to get. I will play my badass role. Like I have since my father died.

"How about introducing yourself, by your self?" He said smiling an amazing smile.

"Fine. I'm Skylar Marie Rosewood. I was born December 13th and I live basically alone. My best friend is Karly Tillman. My favorite color is black. My favorite animal is a wolf. I'm interested in the fantasy world. My father died when I was 14. And I am 17. Your turn." I said.

I didn't mean to say all of that but it just came out one after another. It's like I couldn't help myself. I couldn't stop from telling the truth when I look into his eyes.

"I'm Ryder Maximus Anderson. I'm 21. My birthday is on October 5th. My favorite color is red. I'm also into fantasy. My favorite animal is.. well.. I dont have one. I guess myself." He winked at me. "I live with my friends and little sister. Only because we're basically all family."

"Cool. Now I got to go." I said to and started walking away again. But I was stopped once again but by Ryder grabbing my hand. It felt like a million sparks. I gnored it and looked at him.

He looked at me and said "I think you might want to get your friend." Pointing towards her.

I looked over and saw her making out with a guy with long blonde hair, that was looking at her before. I groaned and walked up to them. Pulling her away, she groaned and waved goodbye.

I pulled her into the house and closed the door. I'm so mad at her. I hope she doesn't ever do that again. I can't face him again. I'll lose myself. I'll lose this little game we're playing. He knows we're both playing hard to get.