Thirteen

Aubrey

I patiently waited for Jack to arrive. Tonight, he's gonna take me out somewhere. As much as I hate surprises, Jack's are the best.

I had already finished getting ready, so I had nothing to do but wait.

Five minutes into the recent episode of scream queens, someone rang the doorbell.

I got up excitedly and dusted the crumbs of potato chips off my jeans and answered the door to see Jack.

"Hey, Bree." Jack hugged me.

"Hey." I leaned in to give him a kiss, but he backed away. I coughed awkwardly, feeling slightly hurt that I just got rejected.

"We should probably get going-"

Jack cut me off, "I can't keep doing this, Aubrey."

"What?" I asked. "Did I do something wrong?"

"I'm so sorry." He shook his head.

"Jack, are you okay? Whats going on?" I asked.

"I-I can't keep doing this to myself. Bree, I love you so much, but I know you'll never love me as much as you love him." His voice broke.

Tears brimmed my eyes; ready to fall.

"I can't keep doing this to you either. It's not fair for both of us." He said shaking his head.

I just stood there. Words wouldn't come out of my mouth. I couldn't deny it, because it's true. I love Shawn.

"Im holding you back, Bree. You belong to Shawn. You guys are perfect for each other. I can't do this to you." He put his face in his hands.

"Y-You saw. Didn't you?" I asked referring to the kiss.

He nodded his head sadly.

"Im so sorry, Jack." I hugged him. "Im so sorry for everything."

"I love you, okay? And that's why I'm letting you go." He hugged me tightly.

"Are you leaving me?" I sobbed into his shoulder.

"Never. I'll always be here for you."

"We'll just go back to being friends, right?" I wiped my eyes.

"Yeah. Best friends." He gave me a crooked smile.

"Thank you, Jack." I hugged him once more.

"Anything for you, Bree." He rubbed my back. "Go get him, tiger."

I laughed through my tears before letting him go.

But somehow. I wasn't happy. Yes, Shawn and I can now happen, but I was still heartbroken. It wasn't like I completely didn't love Jack. I actually did, until I realized I still had feelings for Shawn.

I went upstairs miserably and changed into pajamas. I wiped off all my makeup, then went back down to pick up a bag of All Dressed Ruffles and a batch of brownies I made for Ally.

I went back up and locked myself in my room, so I can binge watch episodes of Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

After finishing ten episodes, Shawn barged in my room.

"Dude learn to knock! What if I was changing!" I snapped at him.

"Yikes, someone's on-" He paused. "Woah, Bree have you been crying?"

I turned away, "What? No."

I felt the edge of my bed sink, then a pair of arms wrap around me.

"Whats wrong?" Shawn asked.

"No, no. It's just a sad movie." I lied.

"Suite life of Zack and Cody?" He raised an eyebrow.

"This episode is very emotional."

Shawn gave me a stern look. If looks could kill, I'd be dead by now.

"Jack b-broke up with me." My voice trembled.

"Aw, baby." I cried in his warm embrace.

"Wait until I show that son of a bitch why not to mess with my girl."

"Shawn no. We broke up for reasons."

"Reasons like?" He said urging me to go on.

"Reasons like.. you." I said quietly.

"What did I do?"

"You dumb ass made me fall in love with you and then you kissed me; which Jack saw! So now he dumped me because he knows that you mean so much to me more than anyone!" I sobbed, not being able to control my feelings. I didn't even think before I spoke.

"Y-You love me?" Shawn asked.

"That wasn't supposed to come out." I stammered before Shawn planted a passionate kiss onto my lips.

"I love you more than you can ever imagine. I'm in love with you, Aubrey Sophia Hale. It feels great saying that, holy shit."

"Come here you piece of shit." I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

Suddenly the door swung open and in came Ally, "Ew!"

I pressed my forehead to Shawn's and smiled, "I love you too."

-

So sad to hear about what happened yesterday in Paris. My prayers go out to the victims, their loved ones, Lebanon, Japan, Baghdad, and Mexico.