Chapter 22

"Ward! You're back!" Triplett called as he dribbled the basketball.
"Yes Antoine I'm back," Ward replied with a chuckle.
He set his bag down and changed into his uniform.
"It's great to have you back," Ward's coach, John Garret, welcomed. "We missed ya."
"Whatever happened to the Hydra team?" Ward asked.
"We tried to get them expelled from the league but that Hydra coach is very manipulative," Garret explained. "So they just got suspended. But they got a severe warning."
"They should have been expelled," Mack stated as he came up next to Garret. "I'm sorry they didn't."
"So," Triplett said, changing the subject. "Want to warm up?" He handed him a basketball.
Ward grinned and took the basketball. "Sure."

•••

"Hey Leo," Mack called as kids closed their lockers and left the school. "I was wondering if you could tutor me sometime this week? It's math. I'm failing and in order to stay on the basketball team I'll need to-"
"Which day?" Leo asked, cutting to the chase.
"How about....today?" Mack asked.
"Can't," Leo replied. "I have chess club."
"Thursday?"
"I have a chess tournament."
"Friday?"
"I'm staying at the lab until the school closes," Fitz answered. "But you can come over to my house around seven if you really need the help."
"Works for me," Mack answered. "Thanks Leo."
"No problem," he replied and rushed to the lab.
"Jemma! Jemma!"
"Right here!" She called as she stood at a table, peering into a microscope.
"I got my suit!" He exclaimed happily. "It looks so good I can't wait to see you in your-"
"Actually I can't make it to the dance," Simmons explained.
There was a silence.
"Oh," Fitz replied and scratched his head awkwardly. "Why not?"
"Something came up," She replied. "I'm really sorry."
"What came up?" Fitz went on. "Come on Jemma you can tell me. We tell each other everything."
"It's not a big deal alright Fitz just drop it!" Simmons scolded.
"Well if it's not a big deal than why can't you make it!" Fitz yelled back.
Simmons ripped off her goggles and sighed. "Look. I know this was a big deal for you, and I'm sorry. I really am."
She put a hand on his shoulder and looked at him. He didn't say anything. She sighed and walked away.

•••

"GOOOOO EAGLES!" Bobbi and her cheerleading squad yelled and posed for a finish.
"Very good," their coach applauded. "I think that's it for today girls! Great job!"
The short girls got off the tall girls' shoulders and everyone grabbed their bags to leave.
"So," Bobbi said as she grabbed her bag and walked over to Hunter. "What'd you think?"
"I loved it," Hunter said as he wrapped his arms around Bobbi's waist and grinned. "I can't wait to see you at the next basketball game. You're gonna do great."
Bobbi smiled and put her hands on his neck. They started kissing.
"Ughm," May cleared her throat.
"Umm Ms. May, I didn't see you there," Bobbi said.
"Mmhmmm," May said. "Now scram, before I give you both detention."
Bobbi and Hunter grabbed their bags and ran out of the gym.

•••

"So," Skye said as she got in Ward's car. "Bobbi and me finally got dresses."
"Ooh," Ward said with a smile. "I can't wait to see you all dressed up."
Ward drove the car out of the school and across a bridge.
"Where are we going?" Skye asked.
"You'll see," Ward replied.
"You know," Skye said. "I should just learn to quit asking that question."
They both laughed. Ward drove a little longer before pulling to a stop. They got out of the car to see a giant lake. Skye sighed and smiled.
"Are you ever gonna quit taking me on amazing dates?" She asked and laughed.
He smiled and wrapped his arm around her. "Come on Alpha."
Alpha leaped forward and followed them. They walked along the lake talking until Ward finally stopped and sat down at a tree. He pulled Skye onto his lap and wrapped his arms around her. They had a moment of silence as they looked over the lake.
"Skye," Ward said finally.
"Yes?"
"Does your dad like me?" Ward asked, already knowing the answer.
Skye sighed. "Well........he just wanted me to be with Lincoln because that's what my mom wanted. It's nothing personal."
"Okay," Ward sighed. Then he changed the subject and smiled. "I can't wait for homecoming."
Skye smiled back. "Me too."

{Hey guys. PLEASE READ THE COMMENT! It's very important, especially if you want to see more of Bobbi and Hunter. Thanks :) }