Part Two

Here's part two, It's only a short story so don't expect much from each part.

PART TWO

That morning I was trying to retrace the wife and sons of Michael O'Donny when a great crash of metal followed by a sea of multiple screams drowned my ears. No one in the office could work out what is was, I heard a man screaming to us that we should evacuate the building. We did as we were instructed and took the lift out of the building and down to reception we all then casually walked out of the building and into the plaza.  A great mass of loose paper was strewn across the floor. I looked up only to find smoke wafting from the North Tower and into the pale blue sky. No one at the time told us what had happened and there didn't seem to be a risk so me and my colleagues made the trip back up to floor 105.

On the way up Charlie and I were talking about what had just happened:

"Do you think Windows of the World restaurant  went out of hand?" Charlie asked

"Nah I think it's just a fire, don't worry it will be sorted in a bit." I commented

"Well don't you to look like a bunch of idiots, didn't you know?" Leyla butted in

"Wha--" I said

"A plane flew into North, duh" 

"Was it an accident?" Charlie asked

"Well yeah, you know like in the war when a plane hit the Empire State, it's the same thing but just modern day."

"Oh okay." Charlie Said.

By the time the conversation had finished I was back at floor 105. I was looking through my records and drinking coffee when I was thrown back, dazed. I was hit in the head by my dated computer and burned by my coffee. It was like the whole building was pushed by a giant. I heard Leyla let out a wimper and I felt a surge of heat rising upwards. I couldn't see much, the room was filled with a thick, black smoke. I called for help;  No one replied. I just managed to find the window by crawling on the floor and fortunately next to it were Leyla and Sam and Chris. I asked them if they knew where Charlie was I then felt fear and sadness creep up behined me and pinch me. Sam, my only friend, hadn't made it.