13

Chapter Thirteen

Andy's POV

The ride back home was pretty boring and the car was filled with hostility towards Ashley. We were all pretty mad at him but it wasn't for the fact that he had gotten drunk, it was because he had scared the lives out of us. We care about him a lot and had been so careless and hadn't even told us that he was planning on drinking. If we had been told then I wouldn't have been so bothered but he hadn't so he had brought it on himself. Ashley had been trying to get us to talk to him again but even Sammi had started to get annoyed with him so he gave up on his attempts and decided that sitting in silence was best. I could tell that Riley didn't want the awkward yet menacing silence in the car so it was only a matter of time before she was to say something to try and break it and sure enough she did.

"It's a shame that we have to go home early" She voiced.

"Yeah but at least it's Christmas in two days" Sammi said trying to lighten the mood. I wasn't really listening but when she said Christmas I realised something. I had forgotten to get her a Christmas present. Shit! I knew that I would have to go out as soon as we get home and get her one but the problem was I had no idea what she really wanted for Christmas. I could always ask Jake but he would think that I was a careless boyfriend so it was up to me on this one.

It wasn't long until we were turning into my drive and piling out of the car. It felt good to be standing on level ground again. The snow had cleared up considerably so it wasn't a struggle to get everything back into the house which was very good thing for me because quite frankly I'm tired and just want to sit down with Riley next to me.

When we got in the house we dumped all the camping gear at the door and all made for the couch and the rug. CC, Jinxx and Ashley lay on the floor and groaned in sleepiness whereas I sat on the sofa with Riley sitting on my lap. I had my hand on the small of her back in case she slid off my knee. Jake was also sitting next to me whilst Sandra and Sammi started sorting through the camping things. I was going to rest here for about ten minutes and then I would go out to find Riley her Christmas present. Riley had her head resting on my chest with her hands clasped together around my neck. She looked as though she was about to fall asleep any minute.

"I'm going to the town to get presents for people" I said after about five minutes. Riley perked up as soon as I said presents and I couldn't help but grin at her. I kissed her lightly on her lips and stood up but being careful to make sure that Riley was on the sofa and not the floor and then I left.

I got in my car and drove to town. The roads weren't busy like they normally are at this time of day. It's probably due to the fact that there is still quite a bit of snow left on the roads. It didn't take long for me to be pulling into the car park and walking through the building that held so many shops. I wanted to get jewellery for Riley but I knew nothing about jewellery. There was a good quality shop round the corner so I went there and asked the man.

"I want to go my girlfriend a Christmas present" I said. He took one look at me and launched into conversation.

"You look like a committed young man. How about you get her an engagement ring" He said. I was shocked to say the least.

"No. I love her but we've only been going out for like a week and a half" I said in a hurried manner.

"My apologies. How about a necklace" He said. I was still baffled so I just nodded.

"Thank you" I managed to choke out.

"Do you happen to have a photo of her I could borrow? That way I can see what necklace would best suit her" He asked. I nodded again and pulled out my phone. I had a photo of me and her. She was trying to make a nice photo of us but I was too busy kissing her cheek with a smile planted on my face. That was taken after I asked her to prom with me. She was so beautiful in that photo that I almost didn't want to share it with anyone but I reluctantly handed it over to the man.