Chapter 4

After talking to Alcides I was physically drained and needed sleep. Eric noticed. He walked over to me; put his arms around my waist "ready to go?" he asked softly.

            "Yeah. I'm super tired." I said softly while wrapping my arms around him. He took my hand and we slowly walked toward the door. Just before we approached the door we turned around and waved good-bye.

"Bye love birds" shouted Mike.

"Later guys" Perez said while hugging the both of us.

Eric and I walked out to my car hand-in-hand that was in the enormous parking lot of Kauffman Stadium. As we approached my car I suddenly didn't feel well and stumbled backward. I fell in to Eric's arms. "Maybe you shouldn't drive home," he said worriedly.

            "I'm fine," I said. It didn't convince him at all, he gave me the, you're totally not going to win this debate-look. He still didn't want me driving home. "I'm fine," I repeated.

"Angel you are not driving" Eric said with a smirk.

"Ok fine, you can drive me home" I said with an eye roll.

" Alright sassy girl, where do you live" he asked with a slight laugh.

"Well its like two hours away" I said looking at the ground

"Oh wow, well maybe you can just crash at my house tonight?"  Eric asked.

"Are you sure?" I asked timidly

"Of course sweetheart" he answered.

            The drive to Eric's house was quiet but not the awkward kind of silence. It was a silence filled with content; a perfect silence. I didn't mind there was nothing I needed to say. All I needed is what I had in that moment. I could tell he felt the same way by the way he looked at me with his perfect brown eyes. I decided to break the silence. "Thank you for letting me meet the team" I said timidly while we were at a stop sign.

            "No problem, they weren't too rowdy for you were they" he questioned with a smile.

"No. They were all really nice," I said giggling.

"That's great because they'll be seeing a lot more of you" he spoke softly while he draped his arm around me.

"Hey Eric, um do you think they liked me?" I asked timidly.

"I know they like you. Mike was never that nice to any of my previous girlfriends. Alcides had the "don't hurt him, because you have the power to" talk with you. It's the same talk that he gave Mike's wife and Lorenzo's wife. Lorenzo took you directly to me after he saw something in you that he knew I would see too." He uttered while he was lost in my eyes.

            Nothing else was said after Eric's brief speech. I just held his hand. It was comforting just know that he was right here. It was the greatest feeling in the world. Just to know that some one cared. Just to know that someone saw a light in you that not even you could see.

             We arrived in the driveway of his huge house. I gently stepped out the car and walked up to the door but all of the sudden "whoosh". Eric had swept me off my feet and carried me though the threshold of his mansion. "Welcome home princess " he said as he pressed a passionate kiss on my lips.