Chapter 5

He set me back down on the hard wood flooring of his house and took my hand. He led me to the kitchen and he made salad and poured a two glasses of wine. We sat at the table for at least an hour just talking about stupid and meaningless things. Eric was so easy to talk to, he never put me down, and he always made me want to talk to him but at the same time made me feel like I didn't have to. I have never laughed so hard in my life. "So Eric, I have a serious question," I said with a smirk.

"Yes sugar plum," he said with a laugh while wiggling his bushy eyebrows.

"If you had to be any celebrity, who would you be." I asked, also wiggling my brows.

"Well" he said he said kicking his feet on the table. "I would have to say Kim Kardashian," he said with heavy sarcasm.

"Now why would you want to be her?" I asked playing along.

"Girl, have you seen her? She is fabulous. Hash tag girl power" he said in the most feminine voice he could. He even added a few finger snaps in order to add more fierceness to his answer. It was 2:00 a.m. and I could barely keep my eyes open. We had been talking for almost two hours. I nodded off. Eric came over to me and carried me upstairs and laid me in his bed and covered me with the royal blue quilt. He started walking out of the room. "Stay?" I said timidly.

"Are you sure?" he asked considerately.

"Yeah" I answered. He climbed under the covers with me, pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arms around me. My head rested on his chest; I could hear his heartbeat and feel him breathing. He made me feel safe, as if nothing could hurt me while I was with him. I looked up at him. His hand was stroking my hair. " Night" I whispered.

"Night" he whispered ad he placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

I woke up around nine in the morning. Eric wasn't in the bed. He must have gone down stairs. I got out of bed and walked down the long extended staircase. He was in the kitchen making pancakes and bacon. I lifted myself onto the kitchen counter. He turned around "good morning sunshine, I like your shirt." He said giving me a kiss on the cheek. I had just realized that I was wearing his jersey. And when I say his jersey I mean "just" his jersey. "You look better in it then I ever did," he said as he flipped a pancake.

I looked down and blushed. He smiled and walked to fridge and grabbed grape juice. I decided that our morning needed some tunes. I went back upstairs to the bedroom upstairs and got my phone. When I was downstairs I plugged it into a speaker and turned on Eric's up-to-bat song. Which in fact was "Hood Go Crazy". As soon as he heard it he immediately started dancing and singing along. He grabbed me and spun me around and started dancing with me. It was something from out of a movie. It was a moment of pure happiness and nothing more. Eventually me got settled down for breakfast. My phone was still on shuffle mode. In the middle of eating the song"Gravity" by John Mayer. "May I have this dance?" he asked while holing out his hand. I took it and he led me into a clear space in his huge living room. I put my hands around his neck and his hands rested on my waist. I leaned into him. I was wishing that I could pause in this moment and keep it there forever; this moment stuck in replay.

The song ended and we had to clean up the kitchen and wash dishes. We ended up getting into a war with dish soap. He lifted me up and put me on the counter and kissed me then looked at me and rubbed a handful of soap bubbles in my face. He laughed and ran away. I chased him and jumped on his back. He carried me back to the kitchen and we sat down at the table and drank coffee. "oh yeah, I almost forgot" said Eric.

"what" I asked. He had gotten up and was headed to the door.

"I have to go pick up Aubrey and Mallory from their friends house. I'll be back in a while Angel" he said while kissing me on the cheek.

"huh" I said confused but by the time the words came out he had walked out the door.