chapter 1

Hey guys. Do its the first time im publishing please tell me what you think. My friends say its good and really crazy. Hope you enjoy!

I was eleven at the time. I was running when it began to rain. I was ten miles away from home. I had my backpack full of food, hats, and gloves. When I went on the run, thats' when I decided that I wasnt going back!

My name is Lucy Anne Johnson, and I was getting out of my house away from my abusive father. I have been wanting to leave him ever since i was five. after he broke my arm throwing me out on the lawn for bad grades. He was the cause of my mother's death, I don't know how she could stay with an alcoholic monster like him.

It's been a couple hours since I left the house and the rain has lifted, but I'm soaking wet and cold. I'm walking on the gravel road surrounded by trees, and its' pitch black out. The only thing thats lighting my path is the light from the moon. That is until a police car with its lights on, starts driving my way. It wasn't driving fast enough that someone was shot,but it was slow enough that they were looking for someone.

I quickly ran into the trees cause I knew that they were looking me. I watched as they pasted by, but as soon as they got right in front of the tree i was behind. They looked for a while, I got worried for a while but they finally moved on.

I decided to stay hidden until I couldnt see the lights anymore. I was not ready to go back to that vicios human being or lose my life. My father might think im a stupid girl but im smarter then he thinks.

 I walked about another mile then decide to camp for the night.

                                             *   *   *   *

The very next morning I woke up and found a raccoon digging in my backpack. I tried to scare the little demond away but wouldnt budge. Instead my plan back fired, the monster jumped at me. I ran like a little girl with a bug on her.

I ran about two miles then came to a sign that read "Canistota, population 769". I walked around town like i knew exactly where i was going, until i gave up. I decided to ask a little girl she looked about the age of six. She had big brown eyes, and her hair was a dark dirty blonde.

"Hi, my name is Jackie Husten. I'm new in town will you please show me around?"

Ya, I know what your thinking. Why would i lie to a little girl what harm could she bring. The truth is, I dont know if my dad has put me up on national news that I have gone missing. So im trying to kepp my identity on the down low.

Luckily i asked the nicest little girl. Sophia was her name. She must of really liked me she asked her parents if i could stay for one night. her parents where sort of hesitant for having someone new in their house. I dont blame them i was hesitant too. For not knowing what they knew about me. Well they must of liked me or something cause they said yes.

Dinner tat night was delisous, but thats when i tripped. Her parents Bobbi and Danny wanted to meet my parents. I had to keep the lies going. I just couldnt give up and say "Oh well, I ran away from my home.", they would take me back to where i started. So i said the first thing that popped into my head.

"my parents passed away in a car crash. I'm staying with my grandma till the school year starts."

I could tell from their facial imprestion that they felt terrible for bringing my parents up. I understand for my mom but not my dad, but then again they dont know about him. Sophia couldnt stand the silence anymore and changed the suject.

After supper Sophia showed me around her house. She decided tat she wanted to watch some movies. she grabbed Finding Nemo, Little Mermaid, and my favorite Oliver and Company. When she entered her room her brother austin was by the door.

"If you dont want to watch those little kid movies, you can come to my room and watch real movies." he said with a simplthetic smile.

"I'm fine thanks but I love the movies she choosed."

                                              *   *   *   *

The next morning i woke up around 8 forgetting where i was. I was then jumped on by Sophia saying that breakfast is done, and that if i wanted any i should get up now. I couldnt help but smile at that. I got up and but my rat nested hair up into a pony tail.

As I walked into the kitchen i was greated with smiles from everyone, even Austin. I'm actually surprised that hes' even up at this time.

When we all seated around the table and started eating we kept watching the news. All of a sudden out of the blew theres a picture and my real name was on the screen. Sophia and her family kept looking back and forth to the TV screen and me.

Thats when I realized that i have crashed and burner!

Hey guys thanks for reading means a lot. Sorry it was so long but hope you like it. Promise the other chapters arent as long, I think.So what do you think is going to happen? Commet. Vote. Share.

Thanks love ya Kaylee.