6

Running late, Val slipped on her favourite t-shirt and ran out the house.

She ran the whole way to 7/11, hoping her boss won't fire her. Today was the the 7th of 11th, which meant free slurpies when you purchased one drink for the rest of the day.

She had made sure she was working today to hopefully see Sam.

Maybe he would come in more than once today. Maybe he won't, but she didn't wanna risk it.

She ran into the store going into the back rooms to see she was only 5 minutes late. Her boss stood there shaking his head at her.

He had lectured her for a little bit before letting her work behind the counter. She slipped on the work vest and stood at the counter, seeing heaps of people buy slurpies.

The day went on quite long until it hit exactly 2:47 pm when he walked in.

Sam had walked in with a group of friends laughing and joking around.

They went to the machine and and each made themselves a drink before heading to the counter.

Sam had a smirk on his face while Val awkwardly stood there fiddling her thumbs. They all put there drinks on the counter and she stamped their hands so they could continue getting free slurpies.

The boys had left except for Sam who stayed back. He gave Val a smile.

"Hello Val"

"Hey Sam"

And yet again he left the store without another word.