We Meet Again

It had been a few days or so since the turtles helped save Rose and her friend. They figured she'd had gone back to her old life again as did they.

Mikey and Raph were on the couch reading comics and playing video games, until a splash of water hit Raph in the face, furious as Mikey laughed Raph began to pummel Mikey until they heard a long whistle, they stopped and looked at the pool and saw Rose smiling and swishing her tail around, she whistled and waved again.

"Rosie!" Mikey said excitedly and ran to her, hugging her tightly she hugged back until they let go of each other, "Where you been, dudette?" Mikey asked as if expecting a full sentence to come from Rose.

She whistled loudly and pulled up a black seaweed bag and threw it onto the ground in front of Raph and Mikey, they looked at each other confused, Rose smiled and rolled her eyes reaching in and pulling out an action figure, a shell, a scale, and a beat up book.

Rose whistled again and handed Mikey the action figure, it was blue with a small horse head and tentacles coming from its back the paint was rusted off but everything was still in tact,

"Thanks dudette" Mikey said, forcing a smile at the weird action figure, then Rose handed Donnie the shining blue-green scale.

"Thanks Rose, where did you get this?" He asked, Rose lifted her tail and a little hole next to the outstretched fin on her upper portion of her tail was empty, Donnie was surprised at Rose's gesture.

"Thank you, Rose, but you didn't have to give up a scale to give to me" Donnie began to give it back but Rose pushed his hand away and pointed to his lab, Donnie finally understood, "Oh thank you Rose, I will start researching right now"

With that Donnie walked to his lab and closed the door. Rose, then, handed Leo the beat up book, he took it and flipped through the pages, it was an old art book from the 1820's since the date on the front page said 1823.

Rose began to smile to herself, proud of her gifts she had given.

Mikey began to toy around with the action figure when he thought of something,

"Hey, we should introduce Rose to April and Casey" he said excitedly, everyone looked at each other and nodded in agreement, Rose was a little confused on who these people were, but decided to go with it.

*A little while later*

Donnie was in his lab studying the blueish green scale, hitting it at certain angles to see its glow.

It was basically like any other scale on a fish, until he had an idea and decided to test it's strength. It was risky since this was his only object of study, but it was worth to see how much they can take a pounding.

Donnie set the scale on a metal table and put on some goggles walking behind a bullet - proof glass door

AN: don't ask me how he got it, it just happened.

He aimed this big, heavy metal paddle over the scale and pulled the lever straight down, the paddle went full force onto the scale, hearing a bang and a loud crack, Donnie quickly raised the paddle and made his way to the scale.

It was still intact. The same oval, glowing blueish green scale barely even held a noticeable scratch, but nothing was broken, Donnie froze and slowly looked up at the paddle.

It had basically cracked like an egg, a few pieces began to fall off, barely hanging on. Donnie was amazed and kept asking questions in his head.

What is this made out of besides just fish DNA?

Are the males scales just as strong?

That's probably why that guy and Stockman fell immediatly.

It was a lot to take in, but Donnie was allowing it in like crazy, he had to tell his brothers about his discovery.

He made his way out to the living room to find Casey and April talking to Mikey as he went on about Rose,

"She's really nice and really pretty, you have to meet her" he went on growing impatient and pulling them towards the pool, Roses head was halfway underwater, she must be shy.

April and Casey seemed a little nervous at first, it's a young girl in the turtles pool, why wouldn't they be? April knelt down and held out her hand, Rose slowly moved closer to her and reached her black nails and finned wrists towards Aprils.

April eyes widened, amazed at the glowing, moving scales on the mermaids wrist, the mermaid began to look over Aprils shoulder, lifting her head out of the water more and more, she looked at Casey and then back to April.

April smiled warmly and Rose smiled back, she reached for Aprils knee, excited to see a human and a walking one, Rose then poked Aprils nose, just touching the tip with her finger and moved to her cheek, then her hair, Roses smile grew at her interest in the human.

April laughed, and gently pulled Rose's hand away from her now wet hair, April looked to the guys, "She seems really sweet" all the turtles and Casey smiled.

"Hey, guys" Donnie chimed in, "your not gonna believe what I just discovered" everyone looked towards Donnie, he held up the scale as it gleamed and shined in the light "this type of scale is extremely strong, like take out a rhino strong" he explained, "allow me to demonstrate" he smiled proudly and lifted the scale in the air

Everyone gasped and began to yell towards Donnie and hold up their hands, Donnie swung his arm and let the scale hit the ground, there was a loud bang against the ground and everyone was silent as there was a cracked hole in the ground, Donnie's smile grew as he picked up the perfectly fine scale from the concrete pieces and held it up for everyone to see.

Everyone stood in aw at the site as the scale didn't even show a scratch, until they heard water being tapped and a whistle, they looked to Rose who was smiling and trying to blow bubbles as her hands tapped the surface she whistled and stopped tapping, she still smiled looking at everyone's still- surprised reactions.

*****^^^^^^*****
!!!WARNING!!! WARNING!!!!

Now that I've got your attention. Hello my lovely's, sorry it's been forever since I last updated ANY story especially this one, I know you all are enjoying it so far.

Thing is I'm busy with school and work (who isn't now a days), but I'm also sort of out of ideas... like to narrow it down, I do have ideas, I'm just not sure how to approach them since they're meant for later on in the story where more of the action happens

So that being said, I am open to suggestions and ideas, I've even been reading mermaid books, but it's obviously mostly love story stuff and I'm not aiming towards that unless you want it and I'm able to put it towards the story.

Thanks for reading my stories enjoy your day/night :)