Parts of me

I got 8 reads and I'm still bouncing around. Thank you thank you thank you. You have no idea of what this means to me. Although i have my CIE AS level exam tomorrow and the day after I am uploading as promised xx

************

Picture on the right>>>>>>> jake

I closed my Biology book and sighed. I had a test tomorrow. Stretching , I got up and opened my facebook.As I scrolled down my newsfeed a message popped up.

Nick: Hey Tasha

Nick was an acquaintance but more importantly Stefanie's boyfriend. There had been a time when Stef was like a sister to me but that time had passed and everyone knew it. Surprised, I typed a reply.

Me: hey what's up?

Nick: Nm. Stef's annoying the crap out of me.

"Oh so there was trouble in paradise!" I thought.

Me: Lol. She is a little crazy

Nick: A little? She drives me insane.

Was it wrong that this message made me a little happy? It wasn't revenge. Just a little consolation maybe?

Me: Haha sucks to be you. I smiled.

Nick:Hey you remember when we used to go to school together last year?

Me: Sure what about it?

Nick: Nothing really. I just thougt you were extremely pretty. Too bad we never gave it a shot ;)

I sighed and logged out. This was sick. I had no loyalties to that bitch but I would never stoop to this jerk's level. The familiar protectiveness came over me as I thought of Stef getting hurt before I laughed drily. That was no longer my concern. She had made sure of it.

                  ***********

I quietly walked into my mom's room and looked at her sleeping form. I kissed her gently on the cheek hoping I wouldn't wake her up. She stirred and I froze. 'Hey baby', she whispered. 'You had any breakfast?'

'Sure Ma,' I lied. 'I love my food', I smiled not wanting to worry her. 'Love you', I whispered and walked out of her room before she could hear my stomach growl. The fridge was empty. Dad wasn't back yet so we hadn't been able to get the groceries and not wanting to bother mum in her already fragile condition no one told her anything. That was one thing on which my sisters and I were united. Take care of mum.

     *********

I walked to my maths class and Mr. Ted shook his head. It had been 2 years and I was never on time but my good grades made up for it. He adored me.

I sat in the first row, away from Becky and Mesha. They disturbed the class and it annoyed the crap out of me. I hated all disturbances during a lecture. Not that I was a geek, it was just that I knew how hard my dad worked to send me here. I would never throw his money away like that.

As Mr. Ted gave an assignment chatter broke out. I had already done that exercise so I turned to Nicole who was sitting next to me. We talked about assignments and I helped her with a few numericals she was having trouble with. As the conversation turned to gossip she excitedly filled me in on everything.

"Everyone's saying Nick and Stef broke up" she said while I tried to figure out how Nicole had messed up the entire solution to the second question .

"Yeah I guessed. He was hitting on me last night" I said without thinking.

"Here!" I exclaimed. "That's a '2' not a 'Z'. You introduced a variable from God knows where" I smiled.