Pregame

Author's Note- So I know that both the first and this chapter are really short. By the next chapter. they should start to get significantly better. I would also like to say that I'm not going to update regularly (ex. every Friday), but I will try to make sure that chapters won't be spaced apart too much. Anyways, on with the story. Hope you like it!

"Come on, Ro! The concert is tomorrow and we haven't found anything that you like!"

I sigh, unlocking the dressing room door. It's not like I asked Casey to do this; she had dragged me here. We had been walking into shop after shop, trying to find the "perfect" outfit for tomorrow. Why Casey waited until today was beyond me.

"Casey, this was your idea. I don't even feel like-"

"Oh my god. That's it. That's the outfit we're buying. This is the best you've looked all day."

"No, this makes me look like a total slut!"

I walk over to the full length mirror opposite of the dressing room and stare at my reflection. I'm wearing a simple lace crop top and high waisted shorts. I had to agree with Casey; I looked good. But I just couldn't get over feeling so..exposed.

I had always had trouble with my self image. It's been a problem of mine for years now. My friends have tried to make me more confident by complimenting me all the time, but I know they aren't 100% sincere.

"Ro, that's the point of going to concerts. You can dress up however you want and nobody will judge you. Now can we please buy that? I'm not joking when I say you look incredibly hot. Any guy that doesn't think that tomorrow is gonna get punched in the face. By me."

I nod, complying to Casey's wish. I shouldn't worry about what people think of me tomorrow. I'll be around them for 3 hours and then never see them again. And anyways, it's a concert. No one's going to be looking at me.

I quickly change back into my regular clothes and we head to the register. While we wait in line, a notification sounds. Not knowing whose phone it is, we both ours out and check.

"It's mine." Casey says. "It's a tweet from Josh Dun! Look at it!"

Casey shoves the phone in my face and I have to restrain myself from screaming out.

"Oh my god, Casey. Give me a warning next time."

I take the phone from her hand and look at the small screen. My eyes quickly focus on a photo of a pretty muscular guy with bright pink hair. He's standing with another guy, who is slightly taller.

Casey moves up to the register, and I follow closely behind, still managing to keep my eyes on the screen.

"Which one is Josh?" I ask.

"The one with the colored hair. Hot, right?"

" i mean, I guess you could say that." I half lie. I completely lie.

"Oh come on, Ro. I know you better than that. You totally like him."

"Casey, I promise you, I don't like him. I've literally only seen him once, and that was less than a minute ago."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say. Just warning you though, denial only lasts for so long."

Our conversation is cut short when Casey is asked to pay. She turns her back to me and begins the transaction. My eyes wander around the store, and then slowly back down to the phone that's still in my hand.

I take one last glance and hit the power button.  

I'm so excite for the next chapter though, like you guys don't even know...