Rough Day

When you woke up today, you didn't know what all would happen. It was a regular day. You woke up next to the man of your dreams, took a nice hot shower, grabbed a cup of coffee, and went off to work.

You work at the local café, Semore's Coffee and Stuff. It was busier than usual, no problem. The only thing you aren't looking forward to is having to work with your Co worker, Natalie. You two barely get along. You seem to fight about everything and anything. Today is the day that you are evaluated on your job. You, and only you.

Everything is going smoothly, and somehow, you and Natalie haven't fought. Out of the blue you get a text. It's from your boyfriend. It's the sweetest text you have ever gotten from him. Hi baby. You are my world. You mean everything to me. I would die without you. I have tonight all planned out. Wear something nice, and I'll pick you up at 8. I love you baby. ♡♡♡

You smile. You quick type back, I love you so much babe. You are my world too! I can't wait for tonight.

He texts you back. Sorry, this wasn't for you. I'm seeing someone else. Hope you understand. Bye.

You don't know what to do. Your heart feels like it was ripped out of your chest. Tears fill your eyes. Then you remember your working. You wipe your eyes and take more orders. As if things couldn't get worse, Natalie comes by you with a smile on her face.

"What's got you so happy?" You ask, not really caring. You just need to distract yourself.

"My new boyfriend just texted a cute text. We are doing something tonight, he told me to dress nice. He is just the sweetest thing."

Again, you freeze. "Your the girlfriend? The one he was cheating with?"

"Yea. He told me not to tell you. I mean you really think he loved you? I mean I'm obviously prettier. And you? Well just look at you."

The tears come back. You're pissed now. But you contain yourself, remembering you're being evaluated. You turn away. Obviously Natalie didn't like that because just as you were handing a consumer their coffee, she slammed into you throwing the hot beverage onto the man. You apologize, then lose it.

"YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE!"

"I don't know what your talking about. Your lying, you're just a big ugly liar."

You don't know when you decided to punch her but you do. Your boss comes over and peals you off of her. Displeased, he fires you.

"Whatever. I never liked it here anyway!" You say, bawling.

You don't know where to go so you just go home. You call your mom. But she just scoffs it off and says everything will be fine. You hang up without even saying goodbye. You're exhausted and so you decide to take a nap.