Chapter 6

You should listen to this, the song is great regardless of how one might feel about the anime. The song gets better as it goes on btw. My favorite part is after 1:30

----------------------------------------

Masako stood, waiting for my attack. Staring at me with that grin. If only I could see his eyes, I might know who he is. That look, it's one I've defiantly seen before. It was as if he was trying to anger me, encourage me to make a mistake. So he could kill me. Lucky for me, I'm not as irrational as Kaito was. "Make your move, princess." Annoyed by his failed attempts at tricking me, I moved forward knowing he wasn't going to make the first move.

Wanting to end this before it truly starts I made my first move as powerful and efficient as possible. My left blade was angled to guard my chest while my right blade aimed at his side, at last second I switched going for the shoulder he wasn't blocking, him being distracted at my trick move. I twisted it in a bit lowering his HP, pulling it out and jumping back only when he sent his sword towards my throat.

Countering with an impressive lunge that I almost didn't dodge, Masako moved on the offensive with incredible speed. As to be expected from an assassin, who is already a red player might I mention. Masako's health was one fifth of the way down, still in the green though almost in the yellow. Swinging both of my blades at once in an X shape he wasn't able to dodge, sending his health shooting down into the low yellow. Two red lines appeared across his chest, sending him stepping back as I sent another blade swinging at his torso. This attack only scrapped his chest, not making much a difference in health. Our feet were moving quickly as I moved forwards attacking as fast as possible while he was taking quick steps back, leaning left and right dodging my blades. The crowd was quit, mumbling on what might happen. Laito sent me a nervous look and Orion gave me an encouraging nod, telling me to end it. The timer was counting down, our time for the duel almost out. He was still grinning, as though this was amusing him. Finally he started attacking again, our blades meeting each other causing the sound to loudly echo grabbing everyone's attention. Hit after hit his blade would swing and I would catch it with one of mine. Our movements speeding up with every second. It was as if he was playing with me, not taking this seriously. How can I be expected to fight someone that's hardly fighting back?

"Match end! Winner is Estelle due to having her complete the most successful attacks!" Some people cheered at the announcers worlds, most looked confused at how I won or why the fight was so pathetic. Myself included. Looking at the guys Laito just gave me an excited thumbs up at the fact that I won, regardless of the fact that neither of us made much of an attempt. "Congratulations on your win, princess" Masako whispered in my ear, causing me to turn around to see his retreating figure. Who is he really?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The brief fight with Masako had me questioning things. Did he not fight back properly because he thought I would loose and he needed me alive for something? Was he testing me? Masako disappeared right after the fight leaving me with Laito and Orion, both whom had things to take care of, leaving me to what I'm doing now. Working on a quest. The quest was given by a NPC in town, who sent me to catch and tame some magical horse in the forest, that could fly. The horse doesn't have wings but it has a silver fur color and green eyes. How I am supposed to catch and tame a flying horse I don't know but the reward is a strong magic item that I could really use, mean't for automatic healing. Either way I've been wanting to work on my summoning and taming skills. The horse was supposed to be a small ways northwest of the village, near a lake but still quite deep in the forest.

The forest was surprisingly bright and filled with life. Leaves and twigs crunched under my feet and there was a slight breeze, cooling the air from the sunlight coming in from gaps in the canopy. Creatures scurried around but ignored my presence for the most part. Some of them were from our old world, some were mythological looking creatures, others were extremely strange looking hybrids. The occasional fairy would float by , or a rabbit or two would be in the underbrush looking for food. I wonder if I could tame any of these creatures, or hunt and eat them. Could it be possible that elves were protecting the forest, and would attack me if I started killing things? Back in town I bought a small panflet on summoning and taming. Most of the information was on different types of creatures you could keep, much of them being used for battle, such as the lions in the jungle up north or the weird flying lizard looking things that I known roam the forests. There were about two hundred and fifty creatures that could be kept as a pet or weapon, a player being able to keep up to twenty depending on the type of creature. Ranging from extremely common to legendary. They can be kept inside a summoning locket that a player receives upon taming. I didn't exactly read the entire thing, mostly what I would need to know for this quest, which is how to tame a creature. To start, you need the creature to be in a non-hostile state. If it is a strong and powerful creature you need to get it down to almost no health. Next you press a part of your body to a part of it's, usually a hand to the creatures back. The final part can be the hardest, you need to chant the binding spell, which is slightly painful and can cause the creature to panic so you need to keep it still. If you loose physical contact during the spell you are no longer able to bind with that creature. So you only have one chance. As time went on more people have leveled up, most players being around level ten while I'm at 59. Even the beta testers skills reset because of Kayaba though for some reason Zero and mine's skills and levels didn't. Now that others are approaching higher levels more and more players are becoming summoners, and while it is the most uncommon class, it is one of the most useful. Having a pet or summoning creature to fight for me or help me would be useful. Taking this into consideration, what should I chose? I dont want something to fight for me, because I'd feel terrible if it got hurt, so having something to help me on quests would be useful. I want something that could help travel but at the same time I'm not very keen on having a horse, horses have never liked me much. Maybe something that can fly or something to help me on quests like this, it would be useful if I had something that could fly up and scout out that stupid magical horse that is becoming impossible to find. Guess I'll have to keep my eyes out for something.

--------------------------------

Sorry it's short, not sure what I want to happen. Comment and idea's or suggestions. I'll update soon.